Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry it's taken so long to post this but work etc. has been crazy. I got to see John perform on the final night in Manchester and got some photos of him. It was overall the best performance I've seen. John didn't quite match up to his opening night performance for me but my friend who'd never seen him before was going wild for him at the end of Bui Doi. He did on the other hand give the most amazing smirk as he came to take his bow at the end. I was wondering if anyone knew if John has any leave booked for the Southampton leg of the tour and if he is leaving after that as I'm considering taking the 7 hour journey down south as I have a friend who lives about 2 hours away and i've not seen for ages so I thought I might be able to combine the two.

Thanks for any information.

Kido

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Hi Kido
    John mentionned to me that he was making a couple of trips to Germany in March and May. I've tried to find out via the Mayflower in Southampton as I am planning to take my Mum for her 80th birthday in March but they have been fairly unhelpful. I have the number for Cameron Mackintosh's production company and plan to call them next month and ask but, knowing John, they wont necessarily know what his plans are (if even he does). He has told me three times now that his contract ends in April so I think there's a fair chance he'll not go on after Southampton. Can we see the photos from closing night please? Debra x

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for your info Debra. I think we'll just buy tickets and hope for the best. So far I've been very lucky. When are you thinking of going? We're looking at Saturday 18th March. Hopefully with it being in the middle of the run he will be there. If you are there it would be good to meet a fellow fan.

Kido

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

tb Manchester33 tb Manchester34

The photos are here. Enjoy.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Kido. Great photos. I'm planning to go on the 11th March as it's my Mum's birthday on the 13th and I'm taking her as a treat. I am hoping to go over to Germany for the Sommernacht though if John is definitely going to be there and you sound like you are up for travelling to see him so would you fancy it? I'll probably take one of my twin daughters who is very keen on musicals and likes John too. She's too young yet (12) to really appreciate his finer qualities but I'm working on her (much to my husband's dismay!!)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just surfing and I found this article. Always good to hear positive comments about John.

http://westend.broadwayworld.com/vie...cfm?colid=6500

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Debra, Glad you like the photos. He was laughing at my friends complete inability to work out my camera. Maybe I'll just bring my old one next time but the photos might not be as good and John might not end up laughing at us. I will definately be up for a trip to Germany to see John. I'm always up for seeing John and if it means traveling fine by me. I'll just have to go do some more overtime at work. Oh well no more free Saturdays for me for a while.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Debra DD:
    I am hoping to go over to Germany for the Sommernacht though if John is definitely going to be there (...)
    <font size="3.5" face="Verdana Italics">Me too, any information on this year's Sommernacht is truly appreciated.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Brilliant. I hope John will be at Sommernacht and that we can get a group together to go see him. He told me that he had been invited and wold love to go but may not be available so I'll check this with him when I next get an opportunity for a chat. Enessis - will let you know as soon as I hear anything. What do you do Kido? I work as a tax consultant for a firm of accountants - my colleagues all think I'm a bit of a crazy stalker where John's concerned!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Debra, I recovery social security debts for the government. It's naff pay but it can be quite fun arguing with the "customers" as I have a background in paying benefits and calculating when people have been overpaid so when people come on the phones and say they don't owe the money I can tell them exactly what they owe and why and then listen to them squirm. Like you my friends and work collegues think I'm stalking John. Having said that Marie who I've been working with on and off for the last couple of years has agreed to accompany me to Southampton. She's not a John fan but she says it's a weekend away from he 2 and 4 year old. It was also Marie who had John laughing because of her inability to work out my camera. She's not very good with technology and she'd only had a five minute lesson on my camera.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast