Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool! Tell em what it was like, okay?
    I don't really have time at the moment, but of course I'll go see it in the next weeks! ^-^

Didn't want to post a new topic, so I'll post it here (still not John related...)...rather Potter-related! *sighs*
    My hope that they don't mess up the Rent Movie is fading, cause again, we have 'someone' longing to get a role in it!!!
    (Although I must say, a few things Chris is saying sound quite alright... He even pronounced how importantthe music is in another interview!!!)

Justin Timberlake In Muscial 'Rent' Talks
    [Fri May 28, 2004 07:12PM]
    According to director Chris Columbus, Justin Timberlake is in talks to star in a big-screen version of the muscial Rent.

"There is a role for a pop star who can really sing, and Justin is dying to do it," he told the Chicago Sun-Times.

Columbus says he wants Timberlake to work for the role. "I'm making everyone take screen tests, including Justin," Columbus said. "I've been obsessed with the play for years. It's the best musical ever. I also feel the message is really important in today's world."

Columbus is currently working on a script and hopes to start filming this fall in New York City and San Francisco.

Bombi

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, it sounded as if Columbus is actually planning on throwing in a few stars, but is actually going for quality at the same time. He said some more stuff about that at the HP premiere (I think). There's a lot about it over at compulsivebowlers.com

well, last night (Spoilers, and shortened, the whole bunch should be up in my lj in a few moments)):

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana Italics">spoiler (click to view):</font><hr size="1"><div class="spoiler" id="8BPAUK">
    Oh.my.****ing.God. It's really, really different from the first two movies. But awesome. They made some rather big changes in the script, but it works for the movie. They really rushed through everything until the Shrieking Shack which really annoyed me. There was very little actual in-class scenes, just the one with the boggart (which was hillarious and seeing Allan Rickman in that dress is worth teh ticket alone), and the one where Snape's teaching DADA and does werewolfes. The kids have grown up a lot. It was a bit odd seeing them grow up THAT fast in one night ::snerk:: But their characters have more depth and Dan is actually acting. I was really disappointed with Dumbledore this time around. It wasn't JUST the actor, but I think the script and director as well. There weren't any Harry/Dumbledore scenes, really, but he didn't seem as warm.
    Big issue was the end. The film ends Harry getting the Firebolt. It's a typical 'movie' ending, but it's not a Harry Potter ending. There was no HouseCup, the Firebolt arrived, like, in the last scene (after they let Sirius escape), no returning home, no Pigwidgeon, no note letting Harry go to Hogsmeade the following year. I feel like Cuaron made a better movie than Colombus, but he wasn't as true to the books as Columbus was.
    </div><hr size="1"></blockquote>

<font color="#990009" size="1">[ June 03, 2004 06:39 AM: Message edited by: anna_davey ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12