Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Tech vs. Maryland

UGA #4 in the nation

VT fans may hate me and the dawgs on the board but show some respect where respect is deserved
    2006 Chick-Fil-A Bowl Champions
    Hokies 24 Bulldogs 31

R.I.P. UgaVI 1999-2008
    "Damn good dog!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When mentioning how tough the SEC is, why do those fail to mention teams like:

Vandy, Kentucky, Mississippi St, Mississippi, South Carolina, and Arkansas? Or if they do include those teams, it shouldn't be in the same statement as them being tough.

Those 6 teams have a combined record of 14-22 this season. Wow scary! In conference, they're a whopping 3-17, with 2 of those wins coming from powerhouse Vanderbilt!

The bottom 6 in the ACC this season is 14-22 with a conference record of 7-16. So I wouldn't say the SEC is any tougher than the ACC.

Give me a break. The SEC has just as many gimme games in conference as the ACC does. Right now, the ACC has 5 teams in the top 25. The SEC has 6 with one of those teams losing to an ACC team that isn't ranked.

If we want to compare Tech's "narrow" 28-9 win over Maryland last night as a failure, then how about UGA's 23-10 win over Mississippi State! Mississippi State has 2 wins this season. One over Murray State, and the other, a 21-14 win over a Tulane team who is a mess after Katrina! At least Maryland has knocked off a top 25 team this year in UVA, who btw, beat FSU!

So the argument that the SEC is tougher from top to bottom doesn't hold water.

Inactive Member oakland_raiders's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ok buddy before you get on here and start talking about how georgia plays you first have to understand how they play alright...and if i was a betting man i would say that you have not watched georgia play once this year...but try to remember the year that the ravens won the superbowl did they do it with offense???NO and that is exactly the way Georgia plays...i have already said that georgias offense was not explosive...the offense scores enough points to win and the defense does the rest just like the ravens did even against weak teams
    Hokies 24 Bulldogs 31

R.I.P. UgaVI 1999-2008
    "Damn good dog!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would say Tech is geared around defense and special team's with the offense taking care of what it has to do by wearing down its opponent.

So even though Vick threw 3 INTs, the offense did what they had to do while the defense dominated the game, just like every other game this season.

And comparing the Ravens to a team in the NCAA is apples and oranges isn't it?

And yes, I've watched UGA twice this season, so you lose the bet!

Inactive Member oakland_raiders's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i did not compare UGA to the ravens all i said is that their style of play is similar to you lose that bet [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Hokies 24 Bulldogs 31

R.I.P. UgaVI 1999-2008
    "Damn good dog!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

damn I said south carolina was in the acc, LMAO, gotta get off the kool aid. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yep, vick thre 3 INT's and was STILL player of the game
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hey gcdevil22, I just wanted to let you know I took up for your boy Vick today in class, all the guys down here in Greenville was talking all kinds of smack!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hahaha good to see you're fightin the good fight [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i am one of the biggest hokie fans on the board, and I dont care what kind of numbers the kid puts up, i dont care what he does. 3 interceptions and player of the game? that is bull crap. he gets his publicity because michael was so good there. I think he should be in jail. must be nice to have a multimillionaire brother to bail you out when you give alcohol and have sex with minors.
    Cant we all just get along?