Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Marcus Vick situation

Re: The Marcus Vick situation

Wasn't really to you ut1. Me and you both have alot of the same ideas as far as who we pull for. I pull for VT and UT. Yes UT. And also Emory and Henry, UVA-Wise, etc.
    Basically i was proving a point. You have some on here they will drill some programs, while other have done things, well let's say that was as bad if not worse.
    Yet you say a word about such and such schools programs and it's as if you stoled something from some on here. Yet at the same time they don't mind to point a finger. One thing about pointing that finger. Always three pointing back at you.
    I just like how some are. Point out someone else, but don't touch mine, because they never did anything wrong.
    Whatever. Like i said wasn't to piss anyone off really, just to prove a point or two. Touch or point out some but don't touch mine.

Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well I am a UT fan as well(also pull for VT as well as the other SEC schools when they play other conferences (yes even Bama and Florida [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ))

I really do not know what Phil should have done regarding taking over for Majors maby refuse the Job and remain an assistent for whoever would have been hired to replase Majors since Phil or no Plil his coaching days were over at that point.

As far as being a whistle blower I don't see how he can be attacked for doing the right thing (Bama were the ones in the wrong on that one)

I honistly don't have anything to add to this whole post other than to say Phil did not "steel" Majors job any more than Miars stole Zooks job or Wies stole Tyrone Willingham's job.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Basically i was proving a point. You have some on here they will drill some programs, while other have done things, well let's say that was as bad if not worse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically then you had no point. You kept replying to lung, and myself, and we never pointed out anything about Tech that we haven't pointed out about UT. Then you went down the Majors road to sidetrack. What did it even have to do with the situation? None, and it served no purpose because Ol' Johnny was over the hill and done. The game had passed him by. Phil was not wrong for taking the head coaching position. Phil was not wrong for answering the NCAA'a questions honestly.

I am not saying Phil is a saint, but he did make moves that needed to be made Knoxville. If these moves do not work out, you can get Phil will be typing up a new resume, and deservedly so. He has also kicked players out in the same manner that Beamer has. Both are quality coaches, that get the job done almost year in and year out for their respective programs.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't try to use logic and reality stripes. It doesn't go over to well here.

I'm like most of you, I like both UT and VT. I like UT more. I've liked them for 20 some odd years now. I started watching VT when I was in high school and have pulled for them since. That doesn't mean I like every player that ever came through there. I absolutely dislike Marcus. He was a black eye for the program. I'm glad he's gone. I also didn't like Kelly Washington when he was at UT. I was glad he left a year early. I loved to watch Peerless Price when he was at UT. After the NC game when he was doing the stupid "throat slash" thing, I lost all respect for him. I really have NO idea how in the world this thread got hijacked by Fulmer getting a job replacing a has-been coach, but like I said good ridance. Like I said, I'd rather have a guy who's won a NC, who always (until this year) puts a competitive 8-11 win team on the field, and is just a good guy. You can say the same thing for Beamer. He's building something, he's just got a longer way to go than what Fulmer had.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very true. If there is one person here that would refuse a better job because it wasn't right, I like to meet him. As much as I liked Johnny Majors and his family, he had other problems, other than a heart problem. I won't say what. With the known fact of the other problem, I'm sure contributors to UT had everything to do with his termination.......just as Vick was dismissed from Tech.
    :
    [img]http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f304/Betty725/d906_bBetty-Boop-Kiss-Posters.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, Johnny tend to like a product of Lynchburg, TN a little too much I am afraid.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

Don't try to use logic and reality stripes. It doesn't go over to well here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm living proof of that.
    Officially retired

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well since Vick is going to go pro, what round will he go in?

Me and a guy I worked with said that vick would late in the first rd. Needless to say I about crap my pants when he said that lol. I told him there is no way he goes that high. I told maybe a 4th-6th rounder, but not a 1st rounder. Then he goes on to say Dallas should pick him up. I being a dallas fan to offence to this. He then tells me he is a dallas fan too. I was in shock by this time. Mind you this same guy tells me that Brett Farve played year at WVU. So I had to correct his arse on that. Basically this guy thinks he knows alot a football, but never played the game or really watched it. But he is the all knowing football god. Then I come there and put his arse straight and the other co-workers get a kick out of it. Anyways long story short. I told him that is stupid and it would be a mistake to draft him in dallas. I told him dallas dont need the trouble and that there is other qbs in the draft that are better.

Anyways where do think he goes and what team you think would take a chance on him?
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

3rd to 6th I'd say. That late in the draft, no telling who he gets picked by. I'd say he'll get more of a shot at wr, like Randle El. I'm sure whatever contract he signs we be heavily incentive filled and have lots of off the field clauses.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Clarret went in the 3rd and that was a huge reach, I dont think GM's would consider Vick until round 5.