Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: The Marcus Vick situation

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />

Phil took advantage of a situation and won a title.

[/ QUOTE ]

What situation was that? It was players he recruited. Not Majors.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

No Lung to you and others i just piss a lot off cause i dont' care who i piss off and i don't kiss ass.

Fulmer basically took Major's job over his health situation.

Beamer and others learned what happened and did what was right.

Tech did something most major programs would only think of doing.

If that pisses you and stripes off well im sorry.

But you know what. They did something. What the rest of you can't stand.

Fulmer is a joke at UT as a head coach, he basically stole the job from Majors while he was sick.

If that upset you all sorry but you even know it was true. That is the sad truth.

As far me and posting on here. I post what i see. If it pisses some. Well sorry but i may be way off and yet again i may be closer than some think.

How did Phil get the job then? Was it not because Johnny Majors was sick and UT feel in love with Phil?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Beamer and others learned what happened and did what was right.

Tech did something most major programs would only think of doing.

If that pisses you and stripes off well im sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing you're going to say, unless it's about me is going to piss me off. I just don't understand the rest of that quote, when Fulmer did the same thing to a player with the same credentials, for alot less.

Fulmer is a joke at UT as a head coach, he basically stole the job from Majors while he was sick.

If that upset you all sorry but you even know it was true. That is the sad truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll still take that joke of a head coach, who won a national title in a year he wasn't supposed to do do anything. I'll take that joke who has the highest win % of any coach with over 100 games. I'll still take that joke of a coach, who at least pulled off a win against a top 10 team with a 5-6 record, something your hero still hasn't done.

Fulmer basically took Major's job over his health situation. he basically stole the job from Majors while he was sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that's why he get's paid so much though. He's the AD at UT. He fires head football coaches there.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Ok im the interim head coach. I don't want to lose my position so what do i do.
    I got to be in total control. How do i do that.
    Answer your own questions.
    The man stole the job from Johnny Majors while he was out and sick.
    Something you cannot deny.
    Tech took care of their situation.
    While umm Phil blew the whistle trying to do what?
    Assure his team a better position in the SEC.
    Come on guys you know he played his cards for his own future.
    You all are pathetic.
    You will not admit he did Johnny Majors wrong or played a card he thought would do UT a good deal.
    Your pitiful.
    You sit back and ask Tech fans to ask something of their team, yet you sit back and condone what is factual about UT.
    Who is the hypocrites here?
    I point to you guys myself.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

While umm Phil blew the whistle trying to do what?
    Assure his team a better position in the SEC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure. Against a team he had beaten, what? 7 times in a row?

You all are pathetic.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Your pitiful.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Who is the hypocrites here?
    I point to you guys myself.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have called you a friend for years on here for years, I have defended you for years on here, I have defended you in PM's on here from dozens of other posters. From now own, keep your backhanded comments to yourself. It's open season on you as far as I'm concernced. I won't defend you anymore. I'm done with you my old friend. If you have anything else to say about me, just do it through pm. Thanks alot.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You want tick me off either, but it seems like you have flipped your lid a little on this one.

So your saying when Phil was given interim head coach he should have run UT in the ground so Majors would look better than what he was? Majors did win one title at Pittsburgh, and then done a decent job at UT. Like Lung said, he should have been let go in 88. After leaving UT see how successful Majors was again at Pitt. The game was passing him by in my opinion.

Was Fulmer supposed to not say anything when the NCAA come calling about Bama? Why not say that Spurrier, Tubberville, and a few others were trying to better there position when they too blew the whistle on Bama. That seems to be forgotten though.

Where did I accuse Tech of anything, or Beamer's actions? Of course it was odd that one day, it is a one game suspension, and the next Vick is off the team though. I have never said that UT had saints for players either. Every program has their rotten apples.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

And open season on me and defending me on here. I never ask anyone to defend me.
    Or to not allow open season on me.
    If anyone has a question to ask me PM me.
    Im not shy to answer them.
    You may not like my answer but i will answer them.

If the post hurts you im sorry.

But how and when did Phil get the job. Only After Johnny was out and sick. Not doubts about that.

If that makes you pissed im sorry. I am friends with all on here. But i don't think an injustice equals someone saying someone one is right.

When Tech let Marcus screw them for the last time i questioned it.

Yet UT fans never question anything as long as UT is winning.

Well i was called on the carpet about my Tech Fan association and not asking for anything. I finally showed an email i sent to Tech and others.

Sorry if it makes some mad. I don't post on here to be everyone's pal or friend. I post as a person who loves sports.

Not as a person who considers some above others.

No one can answer the one question. Phil got the job over Johnny Majors but where was Majors at the time.

I don't ask anyone to defend me. I can defend myself.
    Im not a fan of anyone who does wrong for any reason Tech to UT. Or even locally in the LPD.

Stripes you and others stand outside and look and point at others without saying a lot.

To me i say why not, say it all. No one considered Phil wrong in using what Majors had done help recruit.

You and others seem to see that wrong.

It wasn't that Phil was wrong in doing what he did. It was he never said it was what Johnny Majors help recruit that help let him make changes.

You see that is what i consider wrong. UT has always been known for it's speedy receivers and good QB's till when this year.

Many from UT even questioned a lot of Phil's umm offensive plays. But that was all passed off on who the offensive co-oridinator.

All i can say is Phil is not the man at UT. When UT has a bad year it is someone else's fault besides who's? Phil's?

How he is the head coach?

As far as Tech's problem. Well they did what was right they parted parts with Marcus.

But it would seem at UT. It's better to point fingers. And pat each other on the back that is all i am saying.

And look at it and see if i am not right. This with Marcus was big time media and why? Because it was Marcus.

Yet when Phil was given the head job that Major's had what was said. Well Major's is in bad health. Hmm and how long did he Major's coach after his surgery?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yet when Phil was given the head job that Major's had what was said. Well Major's is in bad health. Hmm and how long did he Major's coach after his surgery?

[/ QUOTE ]

He just finished the season out, and was canned for losing about half the games he coached in. Then preceeded to only win about 3 games a year at Pitt for 3-4 years.

It was he never said it was what Johnny Majors help recruit that help let him make changes.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are you getting off on about Phil, and Johnny's recruits. When UT won the national title none of the players came from Majors era. Heck, Fulmer ran the recruiting efforts for Majors too, big deal.

Your right, they did part ways with Marcus, and they should have. Just like UT parted ways with many other players also for similar acts.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

But how did Phil Fulmer get the job?

Where did he recruit from? Let's be real he followed where Johnny recruited from.

And who had taken the heat due to UT's problems?

It was all looking good when Johnny was sick and Phil was the man.

What has happened lately. Phil is the head coach and they won a national title under who. And who as the assistant head coaches?

Oh well. Point the finger where you won't to.

I point it at the head man. He was able to fire others's but did he take any of the blame?

No. But when he wanted a head coaching job and who was sick he sure played it up.

Oh well just a few UT fans showing thier true colors.

How long did Johnny coach afer Phil took his job at UT and what has Phil done lately besides blame everyone besides himself?

I know it makes for some hard questions guys. But let's be honest.

And anyone who doesn't like me or wants to send me a PM. Feel free to.
    I may not respond with what you want to hear. But you will get the truth and not a version of what you want to hear.

Only folks i know i pissed of is stripes and ironglung. Well sorry but the truth is the truth. Sorry if it makes you mad.

Honesty ain't it something new and unusual the truth? .......... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]