Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Kevin Saunders

I think Coach Saunders could do wonders for Pound.. The first thing he would do is establish a great weight program...

The Pound program is getting a lot better than what it has in the past..

Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with you Pound needs someone who will enforce a weightlifting program. It is a joke when there are only 5-7 if that out of 25-30 players that really dedicate themselves to a work out everyday. The only lifting I see some do is with a fork and that is to eat. There just isn't the dedication needed from most of the players.

Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I saw a few pound games this past year and thought their offensive play calling was next to horrible...that being said they had some pretty decent talent.

I don't think BI Salyers is anywhere near as good a coach as some people in the area seem to think. I watched a couple of games when he was at St. Paul and the kids on defense had no idea what they were doing...I saw one situation where they were playing Burton and Burton had the ball with only 13 seconds left on their own 20 with no TO's. St. Paul actually sent an all out blitz with only their two corners and safety not coming and Burton's QB throws a spot pass and the guy goes all the way for a score....I really couldn't believe what I was seeing...that along with several other coaching calls had me wondering if the staff was intentionally trying to get fired!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Listen guys, we all know Kevin was a good coach. He came in and got the job done. Meaning he got Kelly back on the winning track. But Kevin also new that cubbard (sp) was about to run empty. So him getting fired/resigning, who cares, was a god send. He seems to be happy in Sequatchie but there will always be the family situation that puts a strain on his life. I know Kevin probably better than anybody on this forum so let it go! I wish him well and hope that he can get back with his family. As far as BI goes he is a good coach also. He's not the same type of coach as Kevin but I can tell you this points get across in many different ways! And for bigjames, I coached with BI at Richlands. We ran a 50 defense. He also ran a 50 defense at St.Paul. Actually the exact same defense! And guess what they never blitzed.

Inactive Member imported_juggernaut28's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think some of the calls once we were at the goal line were terrible. We would run the ball well and get to the end zone and then a passing call was made and it turned out to hurt us. This happened several times. But I am no coach either. Same thing against appalachia we ran the ball pretty good in the first half and second half came out with a different game plan and looked what happened. I believe whatever is working why change it? If running the ball or passing the ball is working then I would keep doing it. I do understand coaches mixing up the plays and doing different things, but not on any team that can capitalize on bad choice of play calling. There were times I didn't like the calls being made, but let me say I respect our coaches and their ability to coach. I couldn't do their job. I just think that is how we learn from our mistakes.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It absolutly amazes me that Saunders is still being discussed and he has not been hear in 2 yrs. And when you say the cubbard was going bear, remember they have not won that much before Saunders (4-36) and they have not won since(1-19). Saunders' teams might have not won during the 1-19 but they would of been more competetive.

Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

May not have actually been a blitz "persay" because I'm not sure how many people rush the passer anyway in a base 50 but i do know for sure they were in a cover 3 and nobody else was in the secondary to defend the pass except the one safety and both corners....needed to have another defensive solution giving the circumstances is all i'm trying to convey. I'm a former QB myself and would have been elated if teams I played against stayed in that defense for the entire game and never switched it up. Far too many ways to exploit that kind of D in the passing game provided you get rid of the ball quickly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123