Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Sportsmanship

I don't have the real story, but I'm not going to assume something about someone to their detriment, and make it my opinion of them. That's just uninformed slander and it makes you look even more like the idiot you've proven yourself to be.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When ST got pulled over on the drunk driving charges, it was later proved that he wasnt even drinking to begin with. Big mix up.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here is my logic on this...

1)Pittman says he spit
    2)Taylor says he didnt
    3)They were jawing heavily with each other
    4)I have spit on people before when I'm talking especially if I'm having a good energetic talk "aka ticked" not out of disgust but of just the way it works
    5)If Taylor was mad or classless enough to spit, why wasn't he classless or mad enough to swing back?
    6)If Pittman was spit and it made him so mad, why didn't he wipe it off right after instead of standing there almost like "ha I got him"
    7)Who would make a bigger impact on his teams chance to win, backup running back Pittman, or starter on defense who had already returned a turnover for a touchdown
    8)Having seen people spit on others before, if there is an 'intent" spit, most of the time there is a bit more 'motion to the head' or something noticeable
    9)Isn't it amazing how the referees or the officials group suddenly was able to provide the "why" to the announcers when anytime else there is a questionable call, its like pulling teeth during the game to find out why
    10)The ref actually tried to explain why he tossed him but the crowd was so loud it couldnt be heard? So the crowd wasn't loud when they called the touchdown a no-catch but yet we could hear that just fine?

Look I've been as critical of Taylor for some stupid stuff he has done or positions he has put himself before, but this time I think he was crapped on and to his credit, I think he handled it well, went off the field and has taken a high road. What exactly could he do, he could come out and say yeah I spit on them, and he's trash. He could come out and say I didn't spit on him, and he's a liar who's trash, or he could just not comment and show a bit of maturity (something I think he has shown more of this year). I'm not going by mistakes a kid makes when he's 18-21 or such, I dare say there isn't hardly a one of us who hasn't made a few, I'm going by the people, the coaches who are around him and talk about how much he's improved, and how much better he is. Joe Gibbs isn't one to hand praise to easily, and he's been pretty out there in handing it to him. We've seen Joe wouldn't exactly defend people who couldn't control their tempers (read some of his Tony Stewart comments in the past when Stewart was out of control).

What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bingo on #8.

Inactive Member oakland_raiders's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

you go with players and i will go with the nfl
    2006 Chick-Fil-A Bowl Champions
    Hokies 24 Bulldogs 31

R.I.P. UgaVI 1999-2008
    "Damn good dog!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

so you are saying you cant spit unless you give head motion
    Hokies 24 Bulldogs 31

R.I.P. UgaVI 1999-2008
    "Damn good dog!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The normal reaction would be to have head motion. If your going to spit on someone in the heat of the moment, your not going to think things through and make sure you dont move your head while doing it, thats only logical.

Rocket, that was a great post btw, very well thought out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

yeah and in the heat of the moment pittman would not have stoped his punch to stop and wipe it off either and the cameras were not on him for 10 minutes straight or nothing
    Hokies 24 Bulldogs 31

R.I.P. UgaVI 1999-2008
    "Damn good dog!"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They showed the full replay of the incident, they showed the ref step in between them, then pittman walked back to the huddle and nowhere in between did he touch his face.

Rocket made the most sense of anyone in this arugement. I dont even wanna talk about it anymore, its boring to me....however its assanine for someone who loves 50 Cent so much to start a thread on sportsmanship PERIOD.

Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

there had to be a second spitter.
    [image]http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/seinfeld/video/hernandez.jpg[/image]