Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Coeburn Tourny AAU

[ QUOTE ]
    Yo CrazieFather isn't a principal at a high school sort of like everyone's boss. Hmm i thought so. And as a boss don't you want things done your way. And as a head coach of any sports team don't you want things done the way you want them in order to be sucessful. These are fairly easy to answer yes, yes, and yes. Unfortunately i know exactly what happened in Mr. Lee's past that you keep referring to. Sure it was a terrible thing to do but sometimes you have to overlook things like that. But have you ever stopped to think that maybe a little bit of discipline is in order for Coeburn. Take a look at this years basketball team. Technicals galore. somebody has to have to control of that......... From what i have heard from others Collins and Hubbard are outstanding men. However, it seems that they were pretty laid back when it came to disciplining people. A little bit of discipline is not such a bad thing. You said you went to high school under collins and hubbard so you probably aren't used to it. Instead of griping about how terrible of a person he is and he only wants things done his way its probably because he's the man in CHARGE of that school and he is trying to improve it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the point you're missing Squirell...sure, Hubbard & Collins were pretty laid back...but then again, they were fair and they had control w/o being gestapo-esque. When they took control of a situation, it's because it needed to be taken control of--but note that they rarely had to do that because they took the steps to make sure things were kept in control & didn't get out of hand. When Lee takes control of a situation, it's because he just wants to control it, even if someone as respectable as Jeff Adkins has control over it already, no need to step in. And if you want to point to the technical fouls called on the basketball team, I was at every game this year, save 3 or 4, and T's aren't on the rise for Coeburn's team only. I think across the LPD they've risen. Sure, they deserved some of them, but they were no worse than any other LPD squad when it came right down to it.

[ QUOTE ]
    Yo CrazieFather isn't a principal at a high school sort of like everyone's boss. Hmm i thought so. And as a boss don't you want things done your way. And as a head coach of any sports team don't you want things done the way you want them in order to be sucessful. These are fairly easy to answer yes, yes, and yes. Unfortunately i know exactly what happened in Mr. Lee's past that you keep referring to. Sure it was a terrible thing to do but sometimes you have to overlook things like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know I've already quoted this above, but let me hit up this part specifically...

As a principal, you are, in a sense, the administrator of the faculty. That means that yes, you will have to kick a lil arse to keep things running right--every boss has to. But there's such a thing as working with your employees to make things better as opposed to being inflammatory to them and disrespectful. And trust me, from working all the different jobs I've worked--just because the boss wants things done his way doesn't mean that's the best way to do it. And Coach Adkins as the head coach most definitely wants things to run his way to be successful...which I think he did by getting us to regions for the first time since I think '95, and he was the coach back then too...not Danny Lee...so what input should he have? If this is about the sports end of things--then Jason Hicks is the one that should step in and say something if there's a problem w/how Coach Adkins is running things. Lee is not the AD...Hicks is. Sure, those questions I just answered are relatively easy in hypotheticals to answer "yes, yes, and yes" to, but I've done w/them what you should have done--applied them to the scenario at hand.

And bud, if you have any sense of morality & integrity, you gotta understand that the stuff that Lee's done in his past that you can't simply overlook something like that, especially when this man is in charge of a children's learning environment. If we overlook that, then I'd shudder to think who we'd let run CHS once Lee's gone.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Coeburn Tourny AAU

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    So all of us should just agree with the veterans? how long we have been here should influence what we say? dont you have to post youre opinion to be a vet? you have to start out somewhere and what all of us say, for the most part, means something no matter how long we have been here.....thats just my opinion ....im not puttin down the vets. by no means at all....

[/ QUOTE ]

ummm... don't know if you meant toreply to me- but that's what i've been trying to say. There are some who say i don't have the right to post and others don't have the right because we haven't earned it. I've been trying to say that it matters what you say, not how many times you posted. I think you should be directing your post towards someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hokie--where did I or anyone else say you don't have the "right" to post? Sure, I said what I said about Coeburn business, but if you've got an opinion--by all means post away. Just don't get ruffled when you make a flawed argument and you're called out as a newbie. Try to make another post that redeems that, shows that you can construct a good argument. I agree, it matters what you say, and the only way you gain credibility that Sportsman speaks about is by being here and being in discussions. Some people gain credibility with post 100, some people don't gain credibility until post 2000. That same credibility, no matter how great the post, is never gained with post #1. I'm sorry...just how it works--and that's on ANY message board. Honestly--go to any other board--go throw a flawed argument w/sarcasm tossed in at someone who's been on that board for 5 years or so and has over 10,000 posts. See how quickly you get eaten alive for simply having a dissenting opinion, and being sarcastic about it. Why? Because there's a food chain and he's respected by the community that is that particular board, because he's been there.

[ QUOTE ]
    I think you should be directing your post towards someone else.

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to go tongue in cheek on that--why not say "direct your post towards Craziefather"? Don't dance around if you've got something to say--just say it. At least I can respect that instead of passive aggressive shots like this one that is weak.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213