Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 4-12-06 games and scores

Re: 4-12-06 games and scores

I know some dudes that played against Kelly in 2000.

They 10 runned Kelly 3 times that year. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When I was in school, I couldn't wait to see how Charlie Beverly and or Doug Bates did the previous day. The Indians were something. Beverly was very good, but Bates was once in a lifetime!!!!!!!!!!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I sure hope the Blue Devils play down tomorrow too..I'd like to see Rye Cove pick up another district victory early this season
    No Regrets

Kelly's program was built on guys like stinson, beverly, bates, church, sayler, johnson, simmons, bevins, ruth, hall, belcher, adkins, longworth, just to name just a few of the greats. I can tell you from being a long time follower of the program, the mystic that used to fill shupe field was unlike any other. Springtime between the pine trees sitting in a lawn chair watching that brand of baseball. For the better part of 30 years, it was JJK and the battle for second place. It didnt matter freshman, sophmore, junior, or senior, they were ready to play and if you werent you were down 2 touchdowns.

Im almost 100% sure I was never 10 runned by Kelly, we lost 8-0 one game. Played many games where it was 1-2 run games. We swept Kelly in 96, Beat them in 99 as well. Came pretty close to them in the 98 games, which I think from top to bottom was one of the best hitting teams in the history of the LPD. Adkins, Spinella, Belcher, Hall pretty much done you in.

you might not have been 10 runed, but the point is they were dominate.

Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    What happened to the days when you couldn't even walk out onto shupe field and expect to play seven innings. If the game was longer than 5 then you had done something. What happened to the days of dominate pitching, and balls flying all over and out of that yard. What happen to the days of the full house crowds with cow bells and distaste for the oppenents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Greatest Post Ever. You just got 5 stars from me.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

Oh, I feel you no worry, that they were. Many of those guys were and are my friends. Adkins was one of my best friends at Kelly, shoot I remember one summer he cranked one off the press box at Pound, off of me. He stayed with me that day and the next day lol.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i was at the kelly game tonight. eventhough it was a non district midweek game, there was absolutely no life in the ballpark. castlewood was obviously the team with emotion tonight. it wasn't just the players but their coach was nonstop too. i didn't think anybody could outtalk wyrick in that 3rd basebox, but castlewood's coach did. i honestly have no clue how they had won only 1 game this year. how in the world did pound beat these guys? they played solid defense, pitcher threw strikes, they put the bat on the ball and ran the bases well. usually that's all it takes in highschool baseball. the tribe will be ok. i think they lost to a pretty good team though. kelly will continue to get better and i guarantee they will make a run at it like they do every year.
    [img]http://softball.hnrc.tufts.edu/league/teams/psychology/images/emanski_mcgriff.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Matt Dotson can hit a baseball I did notice that... He may not have got hits everytime but he had great contact..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast