Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: and the winner of the Marcus Vick sweepstakes is..

Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: and the winner of the Marcus Vick sweepstakes

Usually sitting at the house? In 2 of his 3 years as a full time starter he has been in the playoffs having played in an NFC Championship game and also QB'd the first team ever to beat GB in a playoff game at Lambeau. So thats once in the divisional playoffs and once in the NFC Championship and last year 8-7 in his 3 years...don't really see where you were going with that comment.

Inactive Member imported_Primetime's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bootleg??? Yea, I bet every defensive coordinator that plays against the Falcons says "we have to stop the bootleg this week". Are you serious?? Most his rushing yardage comes from his ability to escape the rush, not by designated running plays. No one is questioning his athletic ability!! My opinion is that his speed and quickness do not and will not make him an elite QB. Will he make The Top Ten on Sportscenter Highlights a lot?? Sure, but that doesn't make him a great QB. And since you pointed it out, the Falcons are 28-19-1, not including his rookie season and the season he was injured. Big Deal!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

'99-VT lost to FSU in National Championship finished 11-1
    '00-VT finished 11-1 and beat Clemson in Bowl game.
    '01-Chris Chandler was the Falcons starting QB
    '02-First year as full time starter, 2nd round of playoffs.
    '03-Missed almost entire season with leg injury.
    '04-Division Champions and NFC Championship runner-up.
    '05-Finished 8-7 as Falcons starter...first time missing playoffs as full-time starter since H.S.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Bootleg??? Yea, I bet every defensive coordinator that plays against the Falcons says "we have to stop the bootleg this week". Are you serious?? Most his rushing yardage comes from his ability to escape the rush, not by designated running plays. No one is questioning his athletic ability!! My opinion is that his speed and quickness do not and will not make him an elite QB. Will he make The Top Ten on Sportscenter Highlights a lot?? Sure, but that doesn't make him a great QB. And since you pointed it out, the Falcons are 28-19-1, not including his rookie season and the season he was injured. Big Deal!"

Yes most every defensive coordinator does say that...they say we have to take away Vick and not let him beat us by getting outside. They may not be designed running plays persay but the falcons bootleg Vick ALOT and give him the option to run or dump it off to a back or TE in the flats or the flanker running deep in the middle. Alot of Warrick Dunn's yards also come because of this and the wider splits the D-Lineman have to take to keep Vick from getting outside whether it be a run or pass option.

I didn't say he was an elite QB...not many 25 year olds are. Do I think he can be? Given his arm strength and athletic ability? Yes...depends alot on coaching the offense that he is put in and who you surround him with. I like his game and I like what he brings to the Falcons offense and how much he helps them in terms of controlling the clock with the running game.

28 wins in the NFL is no big deal to you? How many QB's in history can you name that has won that many games in their first 3 years starting? Kurt Warner is one of the very few who comes to my mind.

Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

he never made all district once in highschool either from what i heard. ron curry ALWAYS beat him out. that back when curry was the number 1 rated qb and guard (basketball) in the nation.
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep you are right...things didn't work out as well for Curry though...I think he is a back-up receiver somewhere...maybe Raiders?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

And Michael Jordan wasn't the #1 overall pick coming out of college. All the argument's about what someone did in high school or college shouldn't even be brought up in trying to discuss what they have done at the pro level.
    Look at the Florida Gator's QB's success in the NFL but in college they were the best the game had to offer.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

True Dat

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Chandler took a much less talented Falcons team to the Super Bowl. Vick has also took the Falcons to the playoffs in the WEAK [censored] NFC.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

-Teddy Roosevelt

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Starbuck, thats such a bad example, every gator quarterback with the exception of Grossman didnt even have nfl talent. It was a testament to Mathews just to be able to stay in the league as long as he did. Grossman is the only gator qb to have nfl talent. Same with Miami, they havent had a nfl caliber qb since Testaverde up until Kyle Wright who is currently at miami.

and for what its worth Gator qb's werent the best the game had to offer, the system was the best the game had to offer.