Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LPD Football

LPD Football

Figured I'd give a little football preview, my thoughts of each teams advantages and disadvantages.

Appalachia
    Advantage - Will be very fired up to come out and prove t is still Appy football, even without Turner. Will have a good backfield, and also have better numbers this year.
    Disadvantage - No Tom Turner on the sideline

Wise
    Advantage - They have absolutely nothing to lose, and won`t hold anything back. Could possibly pull an upset this season.
    Disadvantage - Have had some terrible season's. Finally got a win last year but still trying to get over the hump and move up in the LPD rankings a bit.

Clintwood
    Advantage - Not getting a lot of hype in the off season and could very possibly be the dark horse and be very good.
    Disadvantage - Clintwood's always tough but there disadvantage this season will be the talent level of several other school's will set the bar high.

Pound
    Advantage- have some good athletes in key positions, could possibly have good season if they keep their heads on straight.
    Disadvantage- Pound needs to put an entire season of good play together instead of small streaks.

Coeburn
    Advantage - same as Kelly, aren't going to hold anything back. A major upset by their part would make their season a success no matter their record.
    Disadvantage - Going into the season considered to be the worse team in the district. Also has to be hard for the offseason numbers and such after ending the season losing to Wise.

Burton
    Advantage - Speed kills, need to use their speed as much and as wisely as possible.
    Disadvantage - Loss some very key players that will hurt them on each side of the ball.

PV
    Advantage - tons of talent, & only lost 3 starters. have beatin GC last 4 times these 2 teams have met. Coming off of a Region D runner up season which left a bad taste in their mouth.
    Disadvantage - too much hype in the offseason. There will be some very big heads going into the locker room. Just hope they`re not too big so that they can get out of the locker room to play the games on Friday nights.

GC
    Advantage - Everybody except PV fears them. Have a good running back returning. Need their QB to develop as the season progresses.
    Disadvantage- numbers are down from past years, and also are young in some very key positions. If anyone other than PV can beat em this year may be their best chance.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: LPD Football

Good analysis Mr. Q.

My only comment is on C-wood...I think they have talent at the skill position, especially qb. They need 5-8 linemen that can step and and become something respectable.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

been at cwood's practice the last couple of days... i believe we are goin to be ok .... i will be disappointed if we dont finish any better than 6-4

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm afraid you'll be dissapointed. I'm thinking 5-5 to 6-4.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

I see the mean green finishing higher than what many expect. Like I said no target on their back, & no hype whatsoever will be their biggest advantage.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You can't do much if there's no one to block. I've not seen them yet. Can't wait till friday. This is just a feeling I have from the ones I've seen.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

they got a new quarterback dont they

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think they've got about a new everything except fb. They've had guys that have played, just not alot. The qb played wr last year, except for Pound when he started at qb as a freshmen.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

im telling u iron, we are better at the line than u think

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You figure they have 6 games that are truly make or break on being 5-5. PV, GC, JIB, Appy, Haysi, and Lee. Of course Pound, and Wise, may figure in, but the easiest games on their schedule should be Grundy and Coeburn probably.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast