Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: When The Doors Close

[ QUOTE ]
    Lee High cost 12 million dollars, and has room for 1200 students.

[/ QUOTE ]
    And Wise County is getting ready to spend 12 million on two gyms that won't be big enough to seat the entire student body at each school, much less host an athletic event.

I hope Pound gets to keep their school, as well as Appalachia, St. Paul, Powell Valley, Kelly, and Coeburn. We all can say that we want the best for the children of Wise County and have different opinions about what is actually best, but it's gonna boil down to one thing, money. I pay a pretty good amount in property taxes, and quite frankly, I can't afford to pay much more than what I'm paying now. I know there are a lot of folks that have a harder time paying them than I do. Baby boomers are beginning to turn 60 years old and that means more and more people are retiring. Retirees and others on fixed incomes can't afford to pay considerably more in property taxes, regardless of whether it is to fund renovations or build new schools.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    AP English and AP History. TWO lousy classes.
    My argument is that more should be available.

Remember, I was just arguing your grand plan to just bus the students to the college. That was your idea. That was your fix all. I called you out on it and then you backtrack.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are other AP classes avalable than 2. I don't have a complete listing handy, but AP Calculus for one.

And demonstrate to me where I backtracked? I said from the beginning that AP AND dual enrollment classes were already offered AT THE SCHOOLS. BEFORE I mentioned the bus thing.
    [img]http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/2766/lonecrusader4my.jpg[/img]

"Never, never, never give up." - Winston Churchill

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh and go back and check that post of mine that restarted all this. I said "let's forget the structure"

My points are academics. Go back and read it. I invite you.

So trying to say that I said newer is better would be completely off base.

There should be enough AP classes available that a high school senior could take just those his/her senior year. We're no where near being able to offer that.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    a bus to send the shop students to Wise, then dont you think the college bound students should be allowed the same priveleges?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Shop" (or the Vocational/Technical School Classes) is free to high school students moron. That's the difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh.. resorting to name calling are we? How "adult" of you. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah and I changed it two seconds later. Be glad I didn't pull out even less appropriate names because in reality that's my opinion of you.

And you're still talking in circles.
    And since there are no more productive arguments coming from this, and I am calling you every name in the book in my head, Im signing off. Real world awaits. Pretend world is put aside.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh and go back and check that post of mine that restarted all this. I said "let's forget the structure"

My points are academics. Go back and read it. I invite you.

So trying to say that I said newer is better would be completely off base.

There should be enough AP classes available that a high school senior could take just those his/her senior year. We're no where near being able to offer that.

[/ QUOTE ]

But the whole things does go back to the structure, because thats what you and Indian_Dad are basing most of your argument on.. that our schools are in such "pitiful" shape.. rubbish.

If there was significant demand for a full year of AP courses, then I have no doubt they would be offered. The point is, there is just not enough demand. Show me the multitudes of kids beating down the doors to take AP classes and then you can make this argument more logically.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeah and I changed it two seconds later. Be glad I didn't pull out even less appropriate names because in reality that's my opinion of you.

And you're still talking in circles.
    And since there are no more productive arguments coming from this, and I am calling you every name in the book in my head, Im signing off. Real world awaits. Pretend world is put aside.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can bring to mind several nice terms for you myself. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

But it is you who are talking in circles. So sign off! Run for your life! Haha [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beer1.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My argument, page 19:
    show me where I argue against the structures:

[ QUOTE ]
    If we ignore the building structure issue, it still remains fact that better course offerings would be available to schools with larger populations.
    As it stands, there aren't enough students interested in a significant number of AP courses. Pound had AP English. A few years they had AP History - depending on the interest. I had to do independent study Chemistry II because I was the only student interested. This is a basic class! My junior year 5 of us had to petition just to get calculus.
    There's so much more available though! AP for Various languages, Calculus, Physics, Chemistry, Economics, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[ QUOTE ]
    there aren't enough students interested in a significant number of AP courses.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not going to change the number of kids interested in AP in this county by building a bigger school. That is nonsensical.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My arguments have been based about 50-50 on not only poor structures, but limited educational opps as well. Go back and re-read. You stand corrected.

Yep-gonna be alot of good things when it happens. Folks won't have to play in JJKs tiny [censored] gym, and they won't have to deal with Pound's sorry [censored] parking. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future