Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 90

Thread: Predictions

  1. #11
    Inactive Member imported_SuperX's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2004
    Posts
    967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions

    [ QUOTE ]
    PV 28, Coeburn 14

    [/ QUOTE ]

    is PVs JV team playing this week?

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions

    Jimbo usally takes his starters out about midway in the third. Hell atleast his not like some coaches who leave their starters in the game no matter how big of a lead they have. Normally the score is 40something to 0 or 6 at half. The the starters play about 5 or 6 mins of the third. Then the second team finishes out the game. The only game I went to that the starters played the whole game was PV.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  3. #13
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions

    Most coaches will take their starters out once they get a comfortable lead, but there have been some coaches who like to run up the score.

    There is a coach in Wise County who used to have a rep for running up the score anytime he could.

    I don't know that it would happen in the Clintwood - Norton game, and I'm not sure either team could run up the score. But there seems to be a lot of animosity brewing.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions

    There's no animosity between the CW/JIB folks. The animosity is between people who register to cause trouble and make personal attacks. There has always been great sportsmanship between the two schools and communities. When I played I got to know the Addison boys and hang out with them a bit when track season started. I've met Freddie off the board, burton2019 is listed as a "friend" on my myspace page, as I am on his. Mega is one of the best "friends" I've made on this board. He and I converse alot. Shoe is also a guy on here I've always respected and tried to chat with. The problem isn't between these two schools or their factions.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #15
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions

    I'm seeing more to it than that. Some things have been said about both teams that shouldn't have. We live in a small community and it would be an oversight to think the people won't be reading whats been said here and reacting to it in one way or another.

    [ QUOTE ]
    There's no animosity between the CW/JIB folks. The animosity is between people who register to cause trouble and make personal attacks. There has always been great sportsmanship between the two schools and communities. When I played I got to know the Addison boys and hang out with them a bit when track season started. I've met Freddie off the board, burton2019 is listed as a "friend" on my myspace page, as I am on his. Mega is one of the best "friends" I've made on this board. He and I converse alot. Shoe is also a guy on here I've always respected and tried to chat with. The problem isn't between these two schools or their factions.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions

    You are right. I think greencrest might have said some incendiary things. I can't recall anything that any of the JIB fans have said that have really been "out of the way". I guess, I just don't see someone talking "trash" the week of a game a little as something that gets under my skin. Even though, that's never been my thing.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  7. #17
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions

    [ QUOTE ]
    There's no animosity between the CW/JIB folks. The animosity is between people who register to cause trouble and make personal attacks. There has always been great sportsmanship between the two schools and communities. When I played I got to know the Addison boys and hang out with them a bit when track season started. I've met Freddie off the board, burton2019 is listed as a "friend" on my myspace page, as I am on his. Mega is one of the best "friends" I've made on this board. He and I converse alot. Shoe is also a guy on here I've always respected and tried to chat with. The problem isn't between these two schools or their factions.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Well said Ironlung, I agree 100% [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beer1.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions

    Can't be, I'm but one of the thousands of "classless thugs" from Clintwood. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  9. #19
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions

    I don't mind trash-talking either to some extent. I think referring to Norton as "3 time state losers" is definitely talking trash.

    Now you yourself have got pretty riled up about comments made about Clintwood. True? So is it so far-fetched to think that Norton fans might read what Greencrest said and get a little riled up themselves? The Norton community has had a rough year starting with a devastating loss. To read comments like that after a year like this seems extra offensive to me.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Predictions

    Agreed, which is why I made the post above referring greencrest that you might have missed. My being "riled" is not something that happened in the last day or two, it's been months coming.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •