Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Superbowl

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Xknight52's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2005
    Posts
    2,034
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Superbowl

    Well people whos gonna win it? I hope the Colts do just because they're in the AFC. I believe this might be a blow out least I hope so....
    [IMG]http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1842/rustysig.jpg[/IMG]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Superbowl

    Colts in a closer game than many expect. I could care less who wins. I will be pleased either way. But if you must know who I'm pulling for then its the Bears. NFC all the way.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Superbowl

    Its really hard to say whose gonna win this game, too many variables.

    Will Chicago's D line be able to bring the heat like they did on New Orleans or will they be the team with no pass rush like they were the last 5 games before that?

    Will Indy be able to stop the run like they have the last 3 games or will it be like it was before?

    Will Ron Turner let Rex do more or keep staying conservative?

    Which team turns the ball over more?

    and the biggest question right now for colts fans, Will the colts be able to limit Hester?

    One thing that I do like is the Bears have finally learned how to use Benson and Jones. Get Benson in the game early and let him pound the rock. New Orleans was gassed from all the contact Benson was creating. Then TJ runs around them and by them. Benson before TJ works much better than TJ before Benson. Both still get their carries but Benson just does what Bettis did before fast Willie got his big runs. I like that plan alot.

    One thing about this game is, both teams will know each other well. Identical defenses, with the only exception being that Rivera mixes in alot of Johnson/Eagles style blitzes.

    I hope its a good game and I hope people realize that the bears did score more points than the colts this year. The bears, contrary to what some people believe, do have a good offense.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Superbowl

    [ QUOTE ]
    and I hope people realize that the bears did score more points than the colts this year

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Alot of those points were scored by defense and st's though. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

    I don't know what was up with the Colts defensive st's yesterday. They've always been solid and good tacklers. They looked lost yesterday.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #5
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Superbowl

    Very good point on Hester. The Colts special teams were horrible against the Pats. Another question would be will Hester handle the ball well. Known to fumble a time or too.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member LCAS_712's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2006
    Location
    Coeburn VA / Harrogate TN
    Posts
    977
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Superbowl

    its time for manning to finally win one go colts!
    [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/getsmile.tmp007816300.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/getsmile.tmp007816300.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/getsmile.tmp007816300.gif[/img]
    [img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/cfd_1623/l_718884585b96167d3016bd636fbe24c0.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner nflfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 24th, 2003
    Posts
    65
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Superbowl

    Bears! Thomas Jones and the Bears!
    If you can't say anything good, don't say nothing at all. Thumper

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Xknight52's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2005
    Posts
    2,034
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Superbowl

    I hate the Colts but I would rather see a AFC team win one... But I bet you all the Bears D comes to play....
    [IMG]http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1842/rustysig.jpg[/IMG]

  9. #9
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Superbowl

    I like Manning. He has finally gotten there.

    But there's a kid i knew from years back. He's a Chicago Bear. I'd like to see him make his dream come true.

    I like Mannning and i hope he gets his some day.

    But I think i'll pull for that kid from years back and Chicago.

    Defense still win's championships. And players with heart and determination still make it happen.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Superbowl

    I really like Payton, and have ever since he strapped on that orange and white helmet. Heck, I liked his Dad when he was with the Saints. But I've got to go with the Bears on the game. While the Colts have the best QB and receivers, IMO, Chicago has the best defense. I also give the Bears an edge on special teams. I think the tandem of Jones-Benson will give the Colts fits also.
    I won't be disappointed whoever wins, but deep down I'm hoping to see Thomas with a huge Super Bowl ring someday.... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •