Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 150

Thread: godsey

  1. #31
    Inactive Member kodak67's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2007
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: godsey

    You are so right, I agree with you 110%. Everyone on here just wants to start trash about people and gossip, not knowing(because of being so imature)that they are ruining a coaches career and life with false rumors. These lies could cause him not only his job but his reputation. And all because of one and I do mean one parent who just wasn't satisfied with getting rid of the assistant coach but wants to make sure she gets Godsey too!! What I don't understand is why is the school board just taking the word to gospel of one parent who had a problem with the assistant coach not Godsey over all the players and 100's of other parents and community....do you? That parent is ruining the last year of school for her daughter sounds like to me. How can her daughter enjoy her last year of school with her mother stirring up all the trouble. Sounds like she doesn't really care what her daughter thinks about anything as long as she gets her way!!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] Sad, Sad, Sad!!!

  2. #32
    Inactive Member kodak67's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2007
    Posts
    31
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: godsey

    I also agree with you GCDAD, I think this will really have an effect on the outcome of the school board members upcoming elections if they get rid of Godsey. I support the team and him. I think the school board should really listen to the players what they have to say, and really really reconsider what they are trying to do and stop listening to one person don't you?

  3. #33
    Inactive Member imported_GC_Quincy's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    905
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: godsey

    If it was your daughter that was told these inappropriate things, would you not be upset? Once again, Coach Godsey wasn't the problem. He just didn't do anything about the problem when he was told to. I wasn't there, just like nobody else here was, so I don't know what was said. But if a grown man made ANY comment like that to a child of mine, they wouldn't have to worry about the head coach keeping him away. Once again, Hugh's not a bad guy. I think the world of him. He just made a bad decision.
    In honor and memory of my best friend Toby (oletob)
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself

  4. #34
    Inactive Member imported_Just_wandering's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    74
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: godsey

    Stand for what is right, even if you are the only one standing.

  5. #35
    Inactive Member Herbie42's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 9th, 2006
    Posts
    55
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: godsey

    Quincy, I agree with evry word you just said - Hugh's not a bad guy at all but just didnt follow orders to take care of the situation.

  6. #36
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: godsey

    This thread (mostly) is being decent.

    GC_Quincy, nice posts and very much along the lines of what I had been told and heard.

    We all are human, we all make mistakes. From what I know, Godsey is a very nice guy. He may not be, just from what I know. He may have been too nice, at least that is the popular suggested reason.

    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  7. #37
    Inactive Member jerkyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 26th, 2007
    Posts
    12
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: godsey

    GC Quincy has got the facts straight> Hugh didn't do anything wrong this time. He just didn't take care of a problem when he was told to do so, in fact he let the problem stay associated with the team. He even allowed him to ride the bus to away games and sit behind the bench during games and help coach. Hugh stood up for a friend and now he may have to pay. In Scott Co you are not tenured as a coach. You can be let go at any time with out any reason. It has happened to others before and will happen again. There has been a lot of smut spreading going on and no one knows the facts.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: godsey

    [ QUOTE ]
    He didn't even sleep on the same darn floor of the building for goodness sakes.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Were there adult female chaperones in the locker room with them? No one who's "in the know" has said that there were female chaperones at all (and have in fact implied he was the only adult around). Let's not forget these are minors, still children. If I was trying to protect the image of this practice I'd have been professing all the precautions and rules implemented for "slumber parties" in the locker room.

    The Godsey issue aside - that's not what I want to get into - I find this at-school slumber party to be a weird practice. Can they not celebrate at a teammate's home together? The only other time I can think of where a school would allow students to stay in the school over night is the after-prom parties, and even then they're heavily chaperoned, permission slips needed, roll call, etc.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  9. #39
    Inactive Member GCVOL1's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2007
    Posts
    154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: godsey

    I dont know any of the facts. But a coach, teacher, preacher whatever that is entrusted for the care and protection of children, teenagers(female or male) must be held accountable. The problem should have been resolved at the lowest level(apparently coach G). Do to him not taking action the board will. How it comes out is anybody's guess. IF what is rumored is true (coach's "friend" or not) I for one have ZERO TOLERANCE for it. Sometimes bad things happen to good people coach G may have brought this on himself due to his no action it being his "friend" and all. But I am sure he is a standup guy that will take full responsibility for his team and the situation. It is sad, but 1 occurrence of this nature is one to many.

    Tony

  10. #40
    Inactive Member GCDAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    201
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: godsey

    I think that the point that is being missed here about the slumber parties is the decision to do this was not Coach Godsey's decision, but the girls. They have done this for several years. and yes it is my understanding that their may have been a female chaperone present the last time. Just because other schools dont do this, doesnt make it wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •