"Tindell lost his best friend in Iraq (Les Cox) just days ago, so I thought the emotion could get to him, and it did."
Sorry to hear that and major respect to him for still fighting.
I'm oldschool, in my day you simply would not think of committing to an event and then not showing without good cause and notifying the promoter. At the kickboxing shows back in the day it was seldom that you had to deal with a no-show.
Adam is disappointed that he didn't finish is opponent from what I'm hearing (I don't know his opponent) Adam wants a rematch to prove that he can put him away. Adam is saying that he thought it was 5 minute rounds and that is what he trained for. Then when the rounds turned out to be 3 minutes it messed up his pace. This makes perfect sense to anyone who has trained seriously for fights.
[img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]
"Tindell lost his best friend in Iraq (Les Cox) just days ago, so I thought the emotion could get to him, and it did."
Sorry to hear that and major respect to him for still fighting.
[img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]
His oppenent resorted to wild flailing when he realized that "the little feller" was solid. It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Adam has came along way. Strouth and co really know their biz (as does Trotter). Byrd looks like he is coming along as well. Adam could have finished him as well IMO, but like you said, he was looking for an endurance fight. As for the noshow, either you give it all or don't friggin do it. At the weigh-ins, another of my co-workers was telling Ball about Lester, and the dude split. If you are going to let somebody TALK you out of stepping in the cage, you have ZERO business being in the sport.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
They did the 10 bell and moment of silence. Tindell held up his belt and said that he met Les in the cage, 4 rounds of hell for that very belt. They developed much mutual respect, became training partners, and then blood brothers. He was struggling to hold his emotions (seemed like a really good guy). The "old man" Les Stapleton destroyed his poor opponent (Oliver). I forgot to mention that.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
Two guys that go back far enough to have trained with me were listed on the card but apparently both fights fell through, Bobby Strouth and Chico Yeary. I was surprised that Bobby was listed to fight.
[img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Two guys that go back far enough to have trained with me were listed on the card but apparently both fights fell through, Bobby Strouth and Chico Yeary. I was surprised that Bobby was listed to fight. </div></div>
We were shocked too when Bobby said he was going to fight. He works all the time and it makes it hard when he has to train and prepare for a fight. But Bobby is one good fighter, and he committs all that he has when he prepares for a fight. He is tough, and I hope to get to watch him fight again before he retires for good.
UFC stacked. Imagine being the person that gets to name em. UFC 88 Redundancy. Ortiz Vs Shamrock. The names are worse than the events here lately.
GO VOLS
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RottenSyntax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Judging from the play-by-play, it seems this event turned out to be pretty disappointing. </div></div>
I have been very dissapointed with the last 3.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
I was watching the paper-view in Hooters in Hollywood, Ca. Those people out there pack that hooters out and go crazy over fights. I absolutely loved the fight scene there. Incredible. I didn't think it was a bad card. I wasn't impressed with the Ortiz vs Evans. But for one to be undefeated and then one a mind-gamer, it turned out to be well. For the Silva fight, I predicted that to happen. Sherk is incredible, he is so well rounded.
Donnie Lester is a beast!!! I work with him at USP Lee. He is 6'2" and 299 at weigh in. He is solid. Here is a link from Donnie at the Ruckus in the Cage. He is the moster standing next to Ed Herman.
http://www.ruckusinthecage.com/
"Do or do not, there is no try"...Yoda
Bookmarks