Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 107

Thread: basketball

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Buzzbait's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    basketball

    Getting close. Who's up and who's down. Should be interesting with the new district.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_BleedingBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2006
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    Yeah and the divisions will make it interesting too.. In Div 2, Gate City will be tough.. In Div 1, I'd say Twin Valley will be the team to beat.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member dogfacegremlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2005
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    burton is the team to beat in d1

  4. #4
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    We haven't even had a good frost yet! LOL

    Gate City was the team last year and should be again this year if their players make it through football season without any injuries.

    In the LPD, JI Burton, JJ Kelly and Appalachia should have pretty good teams.

    In the Region, Castlewood and Twin Valley should have good teams.

    The CMD could provide some interesting games. Lee High had a very good team last year, but I'm not sure who they have returning this year.

    As far as who is down, Twin Springs and Rye Cove took the biggest losses with the graduation of Dockery and Hood.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_BleedingBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 2006
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    St. Paul could make some noise too with their height.. They may be lacking outside play though.. How do you think Coeburn will do in the Cumberland? I know they return Atkins.. Will they be a threat??

  6. #6
    Inactive Member wyatt_1123's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2007
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    burtons gonna make some noise with devin tally and cup coleman at guards and ethan stewart down low is gonna be a beast 2

  7. #7
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    Coeburn should do well in the Cumberland. They return Adkins and Bright. They lost Nick Jennings to graduation. I think they'll contend for the district title.
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member PVVikings2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2006
    Posts
    501
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    In response to the poster who asked about GC and their basketball team? I know someone that lives in Gate City and works over at Eastman that is close to the basketball program. I came down there from up here in coal country and did some construction work for him a few years ago and we struck up a friendship. I talk to him every now and then and we just talked on the phone last week actually and I asked about the basketball program. He said that he thinks GC has a pretty good non-conference schedule. Besides playing in-conference opponents Virginia High, John Battle, Lebanon and Lee County, if I heard correctly I think the Blue Devils will be playing the following people and this is what he told me about them:

    J.I. Burton - Lonesome Pine / Group A / Region D Semifinals '07
    Powell Valley - Lonesome Pine / Group A
    J.J. Kelly - Lonesome Pine / Group A
    Honaker - Black Diamond / Group A / Region D Semifinals '07
    Pulaski County - River Ridge / Group AA / Coached by a multiple winner of the Group AA state championship.
    Shelby Valley - Kentucky Sweet 16 Representative at Rupp Arena in the no classification tournament in 2007.
    Sullivan South - Big 10 Conference / Tennessee / AAA
    Arby's Classic - Viking Hall / Always brings in the top talent in the nation.

    I know of the Devils success last year. Sounds like they are preparing themselves to make a run for the title now. I guess the question is how hungry will they be and will their football team push back the start of their season? I thought that Richlands would be defending the state title in football this year but now I do not see it happening again this year. You never know though. It just makes you realize you should really enjoy those good times when they roll around. You never know when you will be able to enjoy it again.
    UNION HIGH SCHOOL BEARS - THE NEW ERA BEGINS

  9. #9
    Inactive Member cvcgrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 12th, 2005
    Posts
    2,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    Barring any injuries from football season, Gate City should be in good shape to make a run for the championship this year. The boys basketball team returns all their starters. The girls' team, however, might be in a rebuilding phase this year.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TornadoAAChamps0</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I know of the Devils success last year. Sounds like they are preparing themselves to make a run for the title now. I guess the question is how hungry will they be and will their football team push back the start of their season? </div></div>
    [URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]

  10. #10
    Inactive Member gchsajs's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2006
    Posts
    1,118
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cvcgrad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The boys basketball team returns all their starters.</div></div>

    bench too.
    [url="http://avatars.jurko.net"][img]http://avatars.jurko.net/uploads/avatar_17434.gif[/img][/url]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •