Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 107

Thread: basketball

  1. #61
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    I think it is the trade off for the football championship being held at UVA wise all the time now

  2. #62
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    Both are dumb imo, in football higher seed should host. Basketball should rotate from conference to conference.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  3. #63
    Inactive Member PVVikings2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2006
    Posts
    501
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Region D Division 2 and Division 1 Tournaments

    I'm thinking this might be your lineup for the Region D Tournament this year in boys basketball....if they keep the same standard as football.

    Division 2 seeds
    (1) Gate City - Clinch Mountain
    (2) Castlewood - Cumberland
    (3) Honaker - Black Diamond
    (4) J.J. Kelly - Lonesome Pine
    (5) Lebanon - Clinch Mountain
    (6) Lee County - Clinch Mountain
    (7) Virginia High - Clinch Mountain
    (8) Powell Valley - Lonesome Pine

    Gate City vs. Powell Valley - Winner Gate City
    Castlewood vs. Virginia High - Winner Castlewood
    Honaker vs. Lee County - Winner Lee High
    J.J. Kelly vs. Lebanon - Winner J.J. Kelly

    Gate City vs. Lee High - Winner Gate City
    Castlewood vs. J.J. Kelly - Winner Castlewood

    Region D Championship - Division 2
    Gate City vs. Castlewood

    Region D Champion - Gate City


    Division 1 seeds

    (1) J.I. Burton
    (2) Twin Valley
    (3) St. Paul
    (4) Coeburn
    (5) Council
    (6) Haysi
    (7) Clintwood
    (8) Rye Cove

    J.I. Burton vs. Rye Cove - Winner J.I. Burton
    Twin Valley vs. Clintwood - Winner Clintwood
    St. Paul vs. Haysi - Winner St. Paul
    Coeburn vs. Council - Winner Council

    J.I. Burton vs. St. Paul - Winner J.I. Burton
    Clintwood vs. Council - Winner Clintwood

    Region D Championship - Division 1
    J.I. Burton vs. Clintwood

    Region D Champion
    J.I. Burton




    State Quarterfinals - Division 2
    Radford at Gate City
    Castlewood at George Wythe

    State Quarterfinals - Division 1
    Eastern Montgomery at J.I. Burton
    Clintwood at Parry McCluer
    UNION HIGH SCHOOL BEARS - THE NEW ERA BEGINS

  4. #64
    Inactive Member Widespread_Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2004
    Posts
    325
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BleedingBlue</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think VA High will be down this year from last year.. Lebanon may be better than last year but I still don't think they will be a strong contender.. Battle's not very good are they? </div></div>

    That's pretty accurate. VA High will be down from last year, especially if White decides not to come out for basketball this year. Lebanon will be a little better than last year, but they still won't be within 15 points of Gate City. John Battle will probably go winless in the CMD.
    The test is simple, if "your" team wins a national championship, do you get a championship ring? If the answer is yes, then you can say "we." If not, you can't.

  5. #65
    Inactive Member Buzzbait's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    clintwood and coeburn are div. 2........

  6. #66
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    There division one, they petitioned the VHSL to move down to D1. Anybody got any idea how girls will go?
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  7. #67
    Inactive Member whiteshoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2003
    Posts
    404
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    They did petition down, but it only affects football this year as I'm told.
    cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war.....

  8. #68
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    If thats the case it's another dumb move by the VHSL, why should one team be allowed to play down in one sport and not another. Can they petition to play down in basketball as well?
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  9. #69
    Inactive Member whiteshoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2003
    Posts
    404
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    I don't think they can this year.
    cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war.....

  10. #70
    Inactive Member hoopscoach's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 26th, 2007
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: basketball

    You can't petition to play down in basketball. Haysi is the biggest school in Div 1. Clintwood, Coeburn, and Castlewood are all Div 2.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •