Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 163

Thread: appy-cwood

  1. #121
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: appy-cwood

    That being said, would you consider long snapping easy? Appy has never been known for stellar special teams either.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  2. #122
    Inactive Member beamer_ball's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    2,840
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: appy-cwood

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The PV-Lee game was close for a 2 TD game...not close as in a close game, just for a 2 TD game. SFU just flat outhustled AU and wanted that game...AU hadn't jelled yet, but it isn't an excuse..they lost. I don't think Lee has gotten any better since week 1 tho. </div></div>

    After seeing the PV game and seeing many games afterwards, I can definitely say they've improved since week 1. And no, I'm not just saying that as a fan, I can speak unbiasedly. I think I remember Haynes and Woliver both having some issues with injuries in that game too. I'm sure that didn't help any. I know Woliver was being bothered by cramps and Haynes only had 5 or 6 carries. Regardless I still can't see how they didn't improve since then. The GC game was probably the worst they played since then, and I was sort of expecting that after the Lebanon trip though.

  3. #123
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: appy-cwood

    Speaking of long snappers, I know a guy who went to Liberty on a scholarship just to long snap...got 4 years and a degree out of it.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  4. #124
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: appy-cwood

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That being said, would you consider long snapping easy? Appy has never been known for stellar special teams either. </div></div>

    I'm sure it's certainly not easy.. especially not at that distance. But to snap it WAY over the punter's head and have it roll 10-15+ yards behind him is definitely a horrible mistake and one that you don't see very often. I've seen plenty of punts in high school, even from the worst of teams, but rarely have I ever seen a snap THAT bad.
    Officially retired

  5. #125
    Inactive Member mk3supra's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 2006
    Posts
    536
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: appy-cwood

    Its not easy at all.....getting the spirial on the ball and letting the punter get a clean catch is what worried me the most...
    [url="http://hookersburg.myminicity.com"]http://hookersburg.myminicity.com[/url]

  6. #126
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: appy-cwood

    Well, you factor in rain and mud...I can see it. I watched TS play a game vs TW in 04 where the snaps were so bad TW didn't get a punt off all night.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #127
    Inactive Member mk3supra's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 21st, 2006
    Posts
    536
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: appy-cwood

    as stated earlier..its a art...
    [url="http://hookersburg.myminicity.com"]http://hookersburg.myminicity.com[/url]

  8. #128
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: appy-cwood

    It took me 3 years to get good at it. I played center but I wasn't the long snapper..lol
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #129
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: appy-cwood

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mk3supra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its not easy at all.....getting the spirial on the ball and letting the punter get a clean catch is what worried me the most... </div></div>

    I've always wondered how they (those in college/NFL) can get the ball to spiral so nicely even on the longer snaps. Throwing the ball normally is one thing, but to snap it and try to get it to spiral just feels totally different.

    It almost reminds me of holding the ball over your head (with both hands) and bringing your arms back, then forwards to throw it to a guy across from you who proceeds to do the same thing. If done correctly the ball will spiral, but since it's so different from actually throwing (such as a pass), it definitely isn't something that's easy to pick up and do well automatically.

    I'm sure that it all takes plenty of practice, and then some!
    Officially retired

  10. #130
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: appy-cwood

    Well Chubz, those guys throwin that ball from over their heads are doin the exact same thing you do to learn to long snap. But the height of you rear end, and the way you set your feet effect where the ball goes as well.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •