They can get a game with just about anyone. Nobody is, nor should they travel to Hawaii though.
It's not Hawaii's fault teams won't play them. All they can do is beat who they play, and it don't matter if you win by 1 or 100, a win is a win.
Cheering for Twin Springs is like cheering for the Taliban
They can get a game with just about anyone. Nobody is, nor should they travel to Hawaii though.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ironlung</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They can get a game with just about anyone. Nobody is, nor should they travel to Hawaii though. </div></div>
Why not? Flying to Hawai'i from Arizona on westward is no worse than UT flying to play a California team. Heck, I'd prefer Hawai'i over most of the venues available!
"Yes, there are two paths you can go by
But in the long run
There's still time to change the road you're on."
What I'm saying is, Hawaii hasn't earned a reputation that would warrant a big time team giving them a home/home series. A FSU, VT, USC, Oklahoma would play them but Hawaii isn't in the position to think they're not going to have to travel. It has nothing to do with where Hawaii is, it's the fact that they've not proven themselves yet. They have to do what FSU did to start their program. Play anyone, anywhere.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
every trip Hawaii makes off of the island is a long trip so it is hard for them to travel and pay to travel to any SEC/ACC team
the warriors have an awesone offense (and I hate the forward pass) but it looks like playing ball with your friends in the back yard lots of fun
if they winish undefeated put them in a BCS game and lets see how good they really are
It's a closer trip to play either of the California schools, either Washington schools, either Oregon Schools, either Arizona schools, or dozens of other schools than some of the weak ass losers they play now. They can schedule someone that will earn them respect, they just don't want to. They've made trips that are about the same as it would take to play an SEC/ACC team. They don't want to play anyone that will wax them.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
When I lived in Hawaii, they played BYU, a couple of pac 10 schools etc. I hated the team tho cuz they could talk it but couldn't walk it...and i still don't like em for the same reason. Schedule a decent schedule or quit whining.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
can't blame it on the kids. Schedules are scheduled years in advance.
I think Hawaii can hang with any team. I don't think they'll flat out kill a team, but sure they can hang with them.
I hope they do win out, play Georgia, and beat em'.
Because that will add fuel to fire, and more pressure on these "FBS" officials to get rid of these bowl games.
I like the fact that schedules are made years in advance. That way, a team can't just schedule well when they are good...and it prevents a 1 shot wonder from having as good a chance if they play a weak schedule annually, passing them over for other contenders that play a tougher schedule year in and year out. That's how it should be. IMO, unless you are at least in a BCS conference, the BCS title game should be beyond your reach.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
If Hawai'i drew Georgia, I'd take the Dawgs by 14 mimimum. Moreno would have around 300 yards rushing in that one.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
Bookmarks