Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: ACC Going Nuts today

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vthokie22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PAC 10 doesnt deserve 6 bids </div></div>
    asu gets in because they beat stanford and xavier

zona gets in because of a top 5 SOS

usc would get in because they beat so ill and ucla......if they close out by beating stanford they are a lock

wazzou, ucla, and standford are all ranked

they deserve to get 6 bids
    [img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

ASU does not deserve a bid...they're 4-8 in their last 12

last place Virginia beat Arizona...@ Arizona
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vthokie22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ASU does not deserve a bid...they're 4-8 in their last 12

last place Virginia beat Arizona...@ Arizona</div></div>

Every team has a bad loss, same could be said about VT losing to ODU and Richmond. The committee will take into consideration Arizona's record with and without Wise and/or Bayless. They've had their entire team together about 8-10 times the whole year and are likely a top 10-15 team with both of those guys in the lineup and dont tell me they dont look at that either. Look no further than Cincy when they lost Kenyon Martin even though they hadnt lost any games to get dropped.

Arizona probably gets blasted today but they are battle tested. I'd feel comfortable picking at least one #7 through #9 team in the pac-10 this year to make it to the sweet sixteen. To say they dont deserve six is funny, they probably deserve 8-9 based upon the quality of the conference.

Also it was you that said nonconference games dont mean anything earlier in the year so I guess that uva game doesnt mean anything. Those teams are completely different teams than they were then just like I'd hope for your sake that VT is completely different from when they played ODU and Richmond.

Its pretty easy to have 11 loses when you lose 2 of your 5 best players for half the year and have the #1 SOS in the nation. If theres ever such a thing as impressive losses, Arizona's season has defined it. They have lost 6 games on the last possession or in OT even without Bayles and Wise.

Arizona had 4 losses this season with both Wise and Bayless in the lineup and 3 of those were lost on the last possession. At Kansas, at Stanford, UVA at home, and blown out by UCLA at Pauley.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Arizona probably gets blasted today but they are battle tested. I'd feel comfortable picking at least one #7 through #9 team in the pac-10 this year to make it to the sweet sixteen. To say they dont deserve six is funny, they probably deserve 8-9 based upon the quality of the conference. </div></div>

Couldn't agree more. The Pac 10 is the best conference this year and it's not even close. There's none better from the best team to the 6th or 7th or 8th best team.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

let me clarify...i wasn't saying that Arizona shouldn't or won't get in...just that they're not a lock yet...Arizona State was the one who i think shouldn't get in
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If VT and Maryland end up with the same ACC record VT should get in. I do feel though that if VT played the same schedule Maryland did they wouldn't even be on the bubble though. VT got a huge break in ACC scheduling, and they got Penn St. in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge (which they lost to). If Maryland wins tonight they should be in, I don't see them not taking a 9-7 Terp team who beat UNC/Clemson and has the number of ACC road wins the Terps do. This game wont be easy though, Clemson always give Maryland fits.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

UVA went to Arizona and won. I really wish people would get off the Pac-Ten hype. You don't see any Oregon St.'s running around in the ACC. I really wish they did a Pac-Ten/ACC Challenge every year, it would be more competitive than this Big Ten mess. You play it down:
    UNC vs. UCLA
    Duke vs. Stanford
    Clemson vs. Washington St
    Maryland vs. USC
    VT vs. Arizona St.
    Miami vs. Arizona
    Wake vs. Washington
    GT vs. Oregon
    FSU vs. Cal
    BC vs. Oregon St.

I think the ACC wins the bottom 4 easily with the top ones going either way. Every Pac-Ten basically gets two free wins from Oregon St. put Arizona in the ACC see if they roll over UVA/BC the same way they do Oregon St. It's not happening, it's sickening how the ACC is being perceived this year. I really think beyond UCLA/Stanford your going to have a hard time finding another one of those teams who could win 9 games in the ACC. Especially if they played 4 games against UNC/Duke.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah the ACC does have an Oregon State, they are Virginia. If Jay John were still coaching and Oregon State hadnt quit, they would give Virginia a great game if not beat them, especially in Corvallis. So Virginia went to Arizona and won, thats one game and extremely early in the year. Like I said, you could say the ACC stinks because ODU and Richmond both beat Tech. The conference thing is silly anyway. You could have several different games that are mismatches. Duke for example would have a better shot at beating UCLA than they probably would against Stanford. Its a corny debate. Its one Superbeast would come up with every week. Every game has a set of circumstances. Arizona could not have played any worse against Virginia than they did and it still came down to the last possession. Even in their last elite 8 year which really could have put them in a national title game had they not had the meltdown against Illinois, Arizona still lost to Virginia. That game meant nothing. Year in year out, the Pac 10 almost always has a strong ncaa tournament. I could care less if people think they are better or worse than the ACC, but I do believe they are a good conference with almost all good teams.

USC lost to Mercer, but does it really matter? Probably about the same amount as Carolina losing to Santa Clara early in a given season as has happend before. Tired tired arguement.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

98: Carolina in the final four, pac ten had nobody
    99: Duke in the final four, pac ten had nobody
    00: Carolina in the final four, pac ten had nobody
    01: Duke and Maryland in the final four, pac ten had Arizona
    02: Maryland in the final four, pac ten had nobody
    03: neither conference had a final four team
    04: Ga. Tech/Duke in the final four pac ten had nobody
    05: UNC in the Final Four pac ten had nobody
    06: UClA in the final four, acc had nobody
    07: UCLA in the final four, acc had nobody

Yea man, the PAC Ten really compares to the ACC in the tournament. In the last ten years the ACC has 9 Final Four appearances to the PAC Ten's three. The ACC has 3 National Titles to zero for the Pac Ten. It's not even comparable.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Why just go by the final four though? Theres alot of great teams that dont make the final four. 1996 Kansas didnt make the elite 8 and they would blow any team in the nation away the last 2-3 years. When did I compare the two conferences in the tournament anyway? I just said, the pac 10 has represented well in the tournament. Did I say, hey look at all of those final fours? And when do years past mean anything if we are talking about this year. I know its the lpd forum way to always decide THE BEST but its lame, theres never a best and never will be, rarely do you ever get a best, UNLV was the best, oops, maybe not. Lets just say both conferences are good. You can play 6 games of poker, post in between and it still dont mean shat. I will say though that it does mean something when Billy Packer, Jay Bilas, and Hubert Davis all say that that Pac 10 is the best conference. It doesnt mean they are right nor does it mean they are wrong but it does at least show deserved respect.

I mean if you really want to throw out stats and stuff, here:

UCLA 11 > ACC 10

You can go ahead and lock the thread now Rock