Page 26 of 135 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing/MMA Fights - local, national, world

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Spider/Okami at UFC 88

I hated sparring or wrestling with Tucker. He's just too strong, and he doesn't really mean to hit you as hard as he does, but it's like hitting a brick wall over and over and over.. Those head locks and chokes he puts on you, feels like your head is in a vice.. he is a freak of nature

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a friend who lives and teaches in Maryville. He's a BJJ black belt and trained with Rickson Gracie for years. Every time I see him the very first thing he says is, "what's Shane doing these days?"

When I say that he isn't training regular or isn't competing he always shakes his head and says..."if I had half of his talent...."
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's awesome coming from a BJJ Blackbelt.

If Tucker really pushed, I think he could have a nice career in MMA. He could easily pick up tons of sponsors, and start a small show, and work into the WEC, and possibly UFC.
    Ultimate fighter 9.. he needs to go out

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is a really good Ken Shamrock highlight video. Too bad he has pretty much lost all that is seen in this video at this point.

<object bgcolor="#000000" width="480" height="360"><param name="wmode" value="opaque"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="quality" value="high"></param><param name="movie" value="http://www.proelite.com/player/video/24341/1"></param><embed bgcolor="#000000" wmode="opaque" src="http://www.proelite.com/player/video/24341/1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" quality="high"></embed></object>
    Officially retired

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A lot of Ken Shamrock's early fights in Japan were hard works. Meaning that they were worked (fake) but intended to look real (unlike WWE stuff).

He was a pretty impressive athlete at one time.

Most of his submission training came from students of Karl "Gotch" Istaz, such as Fujiwara, with some from Gotch himself. This Gotch, who recently past away, used the name to honor the real Gotch, Frank Gotch, who is arguably the greatest catch-as-catch-can style wrestler ever.

That of course is who I was thinking of when I took this screen name.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gym Monster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GLADIATOR FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP WILL BE BACK IN JENKINS OCT. 11. FIGHTS WILL START AT 7:00PM. TICKETS PRICES WILL BE: $15 GENERAL AND $25 RINGSIDE. </div></div>

I'm hearing that Chico Yeary may make his final appearance there before turning pro in November.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gym Monster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GLADIATOR FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP WILL BE BACK IN JENKINS OCT. 11. FIGHTS WILL START AT 7:00PM. TICKETS PRICES WILL BE: $15 GENERAL AND $25 RINGSIDE. </div></div>

I'm hearing that Chico Yeary may make his final appearance there before turning pro in November. </div></div>

He had mentioned something about it on groundnpound. I think he might desire to fight the 145 champion. Chico is top notch in that weight class.
    Will you ever rise up and fight for your God-given rights? History shows that evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

are you fighting the gladiator show Gym Monster?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Victory or Death</div><div class="ubbcode-body">are you fighting the gladiator show Gym Monster? </div></div>

I am fighting in the Arena show on October 3rd, if I am not to banged up I would like to fight again the following Saturday in Jenkins.
    Will you ever rise up and fight for your God-given rights? History shows that evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I spoke with Chico's coach Jason Coomer tonight. He didn't know Chico was considering a fight that close to his pro debut, whoops....I don't think he'll be fighting at the Jenkins show.

The Arena shows are always very entertaining. Looking forward to having several shows this fall to go see. The next Caged Kombat show isn't set as of yet, but it's possible it'll be within a week or two of that time also.