Page 71 of 135 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081121 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing/MMA Fights - local, national, world

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Boxing/MMA Fights - local, national, world

hughes does not deserve a title shot, hes been beaten by both of those guys alves and gsp.

gsp is in for a war, he best not take thiago lightly, or he will end up all busted up.

100 is gonna be the best card in years, two title fights and a big name middleweight fight to determine the #1 conteder for anderson.

the next ppv looks terrible tho, who is gonna pay for franklin/silva and kongo/velasquez
    mike swick is fighting, he should handle ben saunders if hes in shape
    marcus davis fights the brit dan hardy, i believe hardy should win, but i will root for the hand grenade
    spencer fisher/caol uno is the first fight, uno has to be feeling his age now, id say fisher should win;

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i believe the franklin/wandy fight has potential tobe decent, wandy wants to fight anderson silva after some words between each other..they both used to train with chute box together but have recently had words apparently, if wandy wins and silva gets past forrest we may see a spider/wanderlei fight, which would be HUGE for the ufc

imo the hardy/davis fight or the fisher/uno fight could be fight of the night

i agree hughes hasnt done anything at all to deserve a title shot, he got destroyed by alves and gsp both...i believe he needs another solid win before he gets a title fight, however he only has a few fights left and i wouldnt be surprised if dana gives it to him

also machida/shogun fight is rumored to be at ufc 104..apparently shogun has signed off on it and they are waiting on machida to do the same

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hughes only has so many more fights left in him. He's trying to go out on a high note, or with good fights. If I were in the end of my career, I wouldn't want to be fighting less than average competition.

Machida will defeat Rua, and eventually fight Rampage.
    Machida has improved leaps and bounds since his first UFC fight.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

wandy had some choice words for anderson because of ufc 97, i heard the interview

and im sorry, i know hughes is ready to retire, but that doesnt mean he gets to jump all the people ahead of him and fighting the champ, its not right and id ont think dana will pull the trigger on that.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Some very solid MMA cards this weekend outside of the UFC.

Strikeforce has a card on Showtime saturday. The card is stacked imo.
    JCFIJVYRBBVMKYOQJEYH

Main Card
    -Robbie Lawler (16-4) vs. Jake Shields (22-4-1)
    -Brett Rogers (9-0) vs. Andrei Arlovski (15-6)
    -Nick Diaz (19-7) vs. Scott Smith (15-5)
    -Kevin Randleman (17-12) vs. Mike Whitehead (23-6)
    -Joe Riggs (29-10) vs. Phil Baroni (13-10)

Followed on Sunday with the WEC on Vs.
    icfc?methodget&amps7CB2BD64 1422 0E8C 9A0F130186320E83&amprs100&ampq100&ampx 7&ampy 1&ampw300&amph300&ampro0

Main Card
    Mike Brown 21-4-0 Vs. Urijah Faber 22-2-0
    Jose Aldo 14-1-0 Vs. Cub Swanson 13-2-0
    Donald Cerrone 9-1-1 Vs. James Krause 10-0-0
    Josh Grispi 10-1-0 Vs. Jens Pulver 22-11-1

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dang that does look like a good card. Predictions anyone?

Main Card

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Main Card

that card does look really exciting

i would take;
    shields (lawler can def. punch like crazy, but his chin is suspect imo)
    arlovski (his boxing is devistating)
    nick diaz (hes a wonderkin imo, the kid can be great)
    randleman (how old is the monster now? haha hes old; but whitehead has disappointed me ever since he was on TUF 2, when he got embarrased by rashad at heavyweight, he didnt even want to fight)
    and im taking joe diesel

and faber is the shit, he will run thru brown pretty easily id say

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Apparently Riggs has very recently accused Baroni of steroid use. Could get interesting....
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    Main Card

that card does look really exciting

i would take;
    shields (lawler can def. punch like crazy, but his chin is suspect imo)
    arlovski (his boxing is devistating)
    nick diaz (hes a wonderkin imo, the kid can be great)
    randleman (how old is the monster now? haha hes old; but whitehead has disappointed me ever since he was on TUF 2, when he got embarrased by rashad at heavyweight, he didnt even want to fight)
    and im taking joe diesel

and faber is the shit, he will run thru brown pretty easily id say
    I agree all even the whitehead tuf2 comment. One thing I have different would be Baroni being the winner. Also not sure about Faber running thru Brown.

On another note this could be very interesting. Definitely a ratings plus. Kimbo will be on TUF10
    LAS VEGAS – "Kimbo Slice," the controversial heavyweight who in 2008 headlined the most-viewed mixed martial arts card in history, will be one of 16 contestants on the forthcoming season of "The Ultimate Fighter," the UFC's reality TV series.

Dana White, the UFC's outspoken president, has repeatedly mocked Slice for his lack of fighting ability. Slice, whose real name is Kevin Ferguson, became a cult figure by competing in street fights that were posted on YouTube. Slice's "bouts" drew tens of millions of views and led him to turn professional.

He fought for the now defunct EliteXC, garnering massive media attention but getting mocked by White and others affiliated with the UFC for a lack of ability.

White has called him a "joke," a "bum" and "not a real fighter," among other less than kind descriptions. He said that Slice would "get murdered if he fought in the UFC" and suggested that his lightweight champion, 155-pound B.J. Penn, would "annihilate" the 230-pound Slice.

The UFC president has repeatedly insisted he would not allow Slice to compete in the UFC unless he won his way onto the show by competing on "The Ultimate Fighter."

Slice has called White's bluff and will appear on Season 10 of the highly rated Spike TV series, White has confirmed. Fighters live in the same house and train together, and then fight during the show in a bid to earn a UFC contract.

His appearance, along with that of former UFC light heavyweight champions Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Rashad Evans as coaches, should guarantee massive ratings.

"It should be interesting, given some of the things I've said about him," White said.

Slice, who has a 3-1 professional record, appeared in the main event of the first MMA card shown on network television in the U.S. when he fought James Thompson on May 31, 2008, on CBS.

Slice won by third-round stoppage in a bout that attracted a record 6.5 million viewers and remains the most-viewed MMA bout in history.

But Slice hasn't fought since Oct. 4, when he was knocked out by a jab from late replacement Seth Petruzelli, a light heavyweight, just 14 seconds into another fight broadcast on CBS. The plug was pulled on EliteXC, which reportedly lost millions of dollars, in the aftermath of the fight.

White promised "some major surprises" as he announced on a Thursday conference call that Jackson and Evans, each of whom is a former light heavyweight champion, would serve as coaches on Season 10.

He declined to say anything further but urged reporters on the call not to miss media day, which is Tuesday at the UFC Training Center in Las Vegas.

White worked hard to keep Slice's appearance on the show a secret, hoping to have unveiled him Tuesday. Season 10, which is being called "The Ultimate Fighter: Heavyweights," was originally slated to feature a cast of eight heavyweights and eight middleweights, but the UFC quietly informed the middleweights who tried out that it was going with an all-heavyweight show.

And unlike in recent seasons, where the competitors had to win a fight to earn their way into the house, there will be no such arrangement this time. All 16 fighters – Spike and the UFC are keeping names of the others a closely guarded secret – will automatically move into the house.

Though White goes to great lengths to insist that nothing on the show is scripted, it's virtually guaranteed that Slice won't fight early in the competition. Having him around and alive in the competition is going to keep ratings elevated.

If Slice is able to advance to the live Dec. 5 finale, with a chance to earn a UFC contract with a win, ratings would likely be the largest in Spike history.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

putting kimbo on TUF is the best thing for dana and the ufc, its a win win situation for them...if he succeeds then its record ratings for them, if he fails then its "i told ya so"....smart move by dana