Page 97 of 135 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing/MMA Fights - local, national, world

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Boxing/MMA Fights - local, national, world

one from Kimbo

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbo Slice
    “I fought Roy with caution. I did go for the kill one time, but I knew to be careful because Roy will bait you, that’s how good he is. He can look rocked, but the minute you go in for the kill, shwoop! You know what I’m sayin? He’s a smart fighter. When I felt like I rocked him I went in for the kill and that’s when I made my mistake. That’s when I realized, ah, this mother****er was slick. But in the midst of the fight I had to figure that out. By the second round he figured out how to get in, how to play possum and get me down to the ground. That weight was hard to move. The crucifix is not my favorite position. I been in that position with James Thompson and was stuck. Roy had me also in that same position. That’s a position I would really like to know how to get out of. I know some **** on the ground. It’s not like I get down there and I don’t know nothing. I have some skills. I’ll beat Roy next time around. You’re only gonna beat me once. If I fight anybody and they beat me that one time, that’s it. You gave me your best. You didn’t beat me at my best. Now I know how you’re comin’. You ain’t beatin’ me twice. **** right I’d rematch Roy.”

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dan henderson on Vitor getting a title shot against Silva rather than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Henderson
    I like Vitor (Belfort). He?s a good guy and he?s been around for a long time, but I just don?t understand why he gets to jump to the front of the line, especially when I beat him. I think it?s something that might have slipped their minds, that [it] happened. I?m not exactly sure. You?ll have to ask them on that, but to me, that?s what it seemed like. I feel like I have stepped up for them a number of times and have done things for them. I never turned Marquardt down. I basically made a statement saying that Marquardt and Anderson Silva are my next two fights regardless and I?ve got to beat them both to either become or stay the champ. I?m O.K. with fighting (Marquardt); we just have to come up with a deal. Basically anywhere?s a possibility, but I?d like to make things work with the UFC. I don?t know what they?re thinking. They haven?t gotten back to me at all since I flew out last week. I?m not trying to pin them over a barrel or anything. I feel like I was just undervalued before, especially toward the end of my contract.?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thats one thing I hate about the UFC white is always talking about he won't let someone fight just for ratings and stuff but he tosses good fighters away like they are trash when they serve no monetary purpose to him. I think Belfort will be a good fight he still should have had to fought at least one more time.

I remember watching Belfort fighting Scott ferozo or something like that. Tank abbot was talking **** about belfort. Then belfort knocked the guy and the next UFC he knocked Tank out. I think I still have the tapes of that.
    GO VOLS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very interesting quotes from the fighters.. thanks for sharing them with us.

I think Kimbo is wrong about not being beaten twice if he fights Roy again. He's not even on the same level.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

On the ground Kimbo is going to be schooled by nearly any B level fighter.

Honestly, if I had a hand in his training and he was willing to put in the work I'd be tempted to make he do nothing but grapple and conditioning work for about a year before looking to get back into the ring.

He picks up techniques quickly but when it comes time to do things it is clear that he has no actual experience at doing it in a live action situation.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think Roy was out of line calling out Herb Dean like that. Dean is one of the best refs in the business. He didnt agree with Roy, and Roy calls him a bad ref.
    He didn't stop the fight because there were 10 seconds left and Roy was doing practically no damage, I wouldnt have stopped it either.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gotch View Post
    On the ground Kimbo is going to be schooled by nearly any B level fighter.

Honestly, if I had a hand in his training and he was willing to put in the work I'd be tempted to make he do nothing but grapple and conditioning work for about a year before looking to get back into the ring.

He picks up techniques quickly but when it comes time to do things it is clear that he has no actual experience at doing it in a live action situation.
    Well that is the one thing everyone associated with teh show commented on was that Kimbo is actually trying to learn and get better. I respect that a lot. He could have a huge ego and not want to learn a ground game, but he realizes he sucks at it, and seems genuine on wanting to be a complete fighter.
    I respect the guy, most dont, but I do.
    He was thrust into a volatile situation, and it doesnt seem to have ruined him.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What I was getting at is that he needs to grapple live, not just work technique. You will never become skilled on the ground working technique, you have to actually do the techniques, chaining them together against a guy who is attempting to counter and launching his own attacks that you are forced to defend.

If you don't do these things you will never become skilled on the ground.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

With Quinton "Rampage" Jackson withdrawing from a December contest with Rashad Evans (13-1-1 MMA, 8-1-1 UFC) to pursue an acting role, "Sugar's" next move has been uncertain for several weeks.

That period is over.

MMAjunkie.com has learned from sources close to the fighter that Evans and Brazilian Thiago Silva (14-1 MMA, 5-1 UFC) have verbally agreed to meet in the co-main event of UFC 108.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

After Episode No. 1 of "The Ultimate Fighter 10: Heavyweights" set a slew of Spike TV ratings records, Wednesday night's Episode No. 3 set the bars even higher.

According to Spike TV, 6.1 million viewers tuned in to watch the elimination bout between Roy Nelson and Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson, and the show drew an average of 5.3 million viewers.

That number makes Wednesday's broadcast the most-watched episode of an original series in the six-year history of the channel, eclipsing the 4.1 million viewers garnered by the first episode of "TUF 10" just two weeks ago.