Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45

Thread: Scores???

  1. #31
    Inactive Member TheSkulls's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 17th, 2007
    Posts
    270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Scores???

    Tonite is was mainly just inaccurate throws. Against Lebanon in the scrimmage it was just bad decisions. I don't know, we got a few weeks to work on it, hopefully it gets better. I wish we could have seen Hunnicutt in there tonight at QB, don't think I saw him too many times.

    We will be fine against most teams we play but we gotta get something going near the end of the year or we are in trouble.
    [img]http://www.mitchkuzma.com/images/Volquest/EricBerry/EricBerryHeisman300W.jpg[/img]

  2. #32
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Scores???

    Powell Valley looked really poor tonight when it came to passing. The newspaper stats are going to be ugly. . it seems like there were maybe 5 completions out of 100 passes. I'm exaggerating a bit, obviously, but it was as poor a passing performance as you'll see in any game. The few on-target throws were dropped, which didn't help matters. Throw in an interception here and there and it just keeps getting worse the more you discuss it.

    They did so-so running the ball, but handing to Martin a thousand times in a row just didn't seem to work all that well. The few times Pinkston got the ball, they didn't get very far either.

    They have a long ways to go. . either that, or Lebanon's defense is just that darned tenacious! Lebanon looked great tonight all around. They had problems throwing the ball, too, but their starting QB was out (unknown to me as to why), so it's understandable. They have lots of great running backs, though. I was very impressed with them overall.
    Officially retired

  3. #33
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Scores???

    Well, looks like PV really may be in for a long year. Though they will get better. They're young.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  4. #34
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Scores???

    Yeah, I think they'll get better. I was impressed with the amount of heart they showed in the second half, though. They were on fire when it first began, with several big plays on both offense and defense, an interception that led to a touchdown, etc.

    It's a shame they seemed to lose steam by the latter portion of the second half, but I saw potential in those particular moments earlier in the half. If they played with that much determination throughout the entire game, I think it would have been a little closer overall.
    Officially retired

  5. #35
    Inactive Member imported_VHSLhelper's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 16th, 2005
    Posts
    883
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Scores???

    > > > > SWD teams

    Graham 25, Bluefield (WV) 23
    Richlands 35, Honaker 18
    Tazewell 29, Gate City 19
    Abingdon 36, Patrick Henry 12
    Marion @ Northwood ????
    Patrick Co. 34, Carroll Co. 0 ???

    OPEN - Grundy

    > > > > Region D

    > > > Clinch Mtn.
    John Battle @ Va. High ???

    > > > Cumberland
    Coeburn 53, Ervinton 14
    Castlewood 20, Thomas Walker 12

    > > > Lonesome Pine
    J.I. Burton 57, Appalachia 6
    J.J Kelly 26, Pound 0

    St. Paul 26, Twin Valley 13
    Clintwood 49, Haysi 7 - Miners Bowl
    Lebanon 34, Powell Valley 12
    Holston 39, Twin Springs 16

    OPEN - Hurley, Lee, Rye Cove

  6. #36
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Scores???

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Skywalker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VHSLhelper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clintwood 49, Haysi 7 - F</div></div>

    Well if that doesnt speak out I dont know what does. You heard it here first. If both teams are healthy. CW over PV AND Burton by 14+ </div></div>

    It want happen!! PV maybe by21+ </div></div>

    I am praying that is a joke.

  7. #37
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Scores???

    Haysi looked like a peewee team.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #38
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Scores???

    Not taking anything away from Clintwood...but I don't think you can tell a whole lot by wearing out Haysi..cuz they are as scattershot as a team gets. Nice to see em play a decent team and take a thumpin tho. I guess they'll be happy to get back to the Tug Valleys of the world.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #39
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Scores???

    Haysi got beat up front badly. The Clintwood DL was in the Haysi backfield before the QB could scratch his balls.

    Haysi fumbled on their first play and after that they just gave up.

    Absolutely loved the hit 87 laid on the interception return.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  10. #40
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Scores???

    After seeing JIB tonight, there is no question in my mind that Clintwood is the team to beat.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •