Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 65

Thread: TRIBE-Vikings

  1. #31
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TRIBE-Vikings

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ironlung</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shame on you for joining in on the everyone should get a trophy parade. It's not a lie to say this is the weakest PV team I've seen in watching them for over 20 years. It's the truth. It doesn't mean that they haven't "played hard" or " represented their school and the tradition of Viking football well". It's a fact. It's a matter of talent levels being down as well as maybe some of the ones out there not being dedicated enough to be better. Encouraging them and telling them you're proud of their efforts and accomplishments when you're getting little of the first and far less than average of the second is going to get nothing more than what you're getting. They need to know the truth. The truth is, if you don't put forth the effort, if you don't dedicate yourself, this is what you're going to get. That pat on the back and we're so proud of you stuff at JJK has got you 5-5 or much worse at Kelly for the better part of 2 decades now, if they start that in BSG that's what they can expect. Tell the kids when they do good, when they play poorly or show little effort tell them then too. They're young, but they're not stupid. </div></div>

    I didn't say reward lack of effort, did I????? No, don't think so. The two games I've seen PV play, this kids played their hearts out, left it all on the field like you're supposed to. What more do you want? They can't help it if they don't have the talent of their predecessors. I'm just saying don't down them because they don't. Quit reading more into my posts than what I've said.

    I've spoke my peace.

  2. #32
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TRIBE-Vikings

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Saying things like this is the worst PV(or anybody else) team ever or they are weak, or they stink is really uncalled for.</div></div>


    You don't confront bad effort and lack of hard work by "get out there and encourage these kids, tell them you are proud of how hard they play, not how proud you are of their accomplishments".

    They are weak. It is the weakest team I have seen them field in over 20 years. There's no other way around it and saying otherwise and trying to con these kids into thinking they're good or the effort and hard work being put in are enough to get by, is doing them an injustice.

    I'd agree with you if people were saying things in a mean spirited way. Telling the truth and saying that they aren't very good and may very well be the worst PV team in 20 years, is just a fact. If saying that somehow deminishes what you think JJK got by winning Friday, then JJK needs to step it up in years that PV is over .500.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #33
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TRIBE-Vikings

    At no point did Sportsman say hand them a trophy. The kids at PV played their arses off Friday night. Whether they are 10-0,or 0-10 they deserve some support.I hope that you will do so at Clintwood when this cycle of good football players that you all have ends (and it will soon,as the feeder team(s) at Clintwood weren't competitive this year). I am as anti-coddling and non-trophy for everyone as they come,but that wasn't what Sportsman was hitting on.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  4. #34
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TRIBE-Vikings

    I agree...it is the weakest team at PV in a long long time. Doesn't mean they won't be good in the future...but the truth is, this bunch peaked at Richlands...and the staff haven't really had a defensive scheme since. Or better phrased, they haven't adjusted a defensive scheme since. I don't understand what's so hard about sitting in a box, looking at a field, and using stunts and blitzes to put players in a place to make a play. The kids play hard, but that's not getting it done.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #35
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TRIBE-Vikings

    Then it's on the coaches and not the kids if I read your post right. It's easy for folks on here to armchair coach though. How many state titles has Phil won? How about any of you? Go ahead and kick him to the curb. What kind of shape was that PV football program in before he came?
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  6. #36
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TRIBE-Vikings

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Indian_Dad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">At no point did Sportsman say hand them a trophy. The kids at PV played their arses off Friday night. Whether they are 10-0,or 0-10 they deserve some support.I hope that you will do so at Clintwood when this cycle of good football players that you all have ends (and it will soon,as the feeder team(s) at Clintwood weren't competitive this year). I am as anti-coddling and non-trophy for everyone as they come,but that wasn't what Sportsman was hitting on. </div></div>

    Exactly how many times did PV stop the counter? Not saying they kids weren't playing their a$$es off, but JJK basically beat them by running a dive and a counter over and over and over and over....that doesn't happen to a strong team.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #37
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TRIBE-Vikings

    PV is just young.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  8. #38
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TRIBE-Vikings

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Indian_Dad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Then it's on the coaches and not the kids if I read your post right. </div></div>

    Not entirely, but I don't think all of it can be laid at the feet of the players.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #39
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TRIBE-Vikings

    I got news for you. That Kelly offensive line has been able to rack up big ground games more times than not this year. PV has had problems stopping the run,but I'll not bet on that not changing in the future. Lots of growing pains there right now. BTW the counter was good to us,but it ws the screen to Sproles that broke PV's back.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  10. #40
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: TRIBE-Vikings

    Growin pains don't last long. As for the JJK line, I wasn't impressed. JJK played better Friday and deserved the game, but they are far and away the worst team that has beaten PV this year.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •