Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Cowboys VS Steelers

Neither are good in big games. Regardless of saying "well it wasn't his fault, blame it on this or that" - a good QB overcomes all of those things. Give Brady, either Manning, Big Ben, Favre, the weapons and the defensive help that Romo has and you'll see the difference. Romo is pretty good, but he'll never be remembered as being great. To put it honestly, I simply don't trust him anymore when the game is on the line and he needs to come up big. I HOPE he proves me wrong, wins the MVP and the Superbowl and the Superbowl MVP this year and next year and every year after that. But, I just don't have much faith in him anymore.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Im not trying to blame it on this or that. Witten said he messed up. Romo does have one quality a top QB and leader has as a trait and thats that he takes the blame even when it isn't his fault. He will get it done oh Ye of Little Faith.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hope you are right on this one. Twelve years is definitely too long!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Peter King</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> There's no way Witten, had he broke right, would have been in position to catch this ball. So I put the blame on Romo. I assume it has to be part pinky, part weather, but this is only going to add to the perception Romo's not a big-game quarterback -- 19-of-36, 210 yards, one touchdown, three picks, one fumble -- though one of the picks was more Terrell Owens' laziness than a poor throw.

I don't buy that perception about Romo, by the way; I'm simply making the point that if the Cowboys don't make the playoffs, the thread of two straight playoff-opening losses and this horrible interception will begin to write the book on Romo. My other point is that Romo deserves the criticism, but let's let his career breathe before we label him some sort of A-Rod in the clutch
    </div></div>

Peter King's thoughts on the subject.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm pretty sure if the Steelers lost we wouldn't be sitting on a 5 page theread downing our team or over-analizing everything.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789