Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Updates

It's never going to be a pretty game when you have 2 tough defenses playing each other, especially on a wet field. If you're wanting to see a track meet, this is definitely not the 2 teams you want to watch. I'm not sure Lebanon's overrated at all. Their defensive line gave us more problems than South in the first half. As I said before, anytime you can win at Lebanon, I'll gladly take it. With the personnel that GC lost from last year, if you had told me before the season we'd be 3-1 after playing Richlands, Tazewell, South, and Lebanon, I would've given you a drug test.

I'm looking forward to the trip to Appy next weekend. It has been a few years since I've been able to be there.
    Go Big Blue!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your posts certainly make sense, Quincy. I think I'm probably just being overly harsh and was expecting a little too much from both teams that night, especially offensively. We'll see what they do this upcoming week! I think Gate City should answer a lot of questions versus Appy. Lebanon plays Clintwood, which should also be a great game. And then we have JIB/PV playing on the same night. Good lord, do we have some great games to look forward to!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd love to see Clintwood and Lebanon next week. Hopefully I'll be in Appy.
    Go Big Blue!!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GC_Quincy View Post
    You apparently just watched the first half. There was plenty of fire in the second half. Vaughn had 100 yards rushing in the second half against one of the better defenses in the area. The line play was very good in the 2nd half. No matter how ugly it was, it was a huge win for GC.
    Kinda what I meant was the First half. Was lucky to only be down by 7 at the half. When GC started back on the field after halftime only a few had any fire to them and I saw a few eyes rolling when Stokes was trying to fire them up. I think the fumble really fired them up more than anything on Lebanons first drive of the half. Just cant come out flat in the first half and expect to turn it around in the second half every game.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789