0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Tribe-dawgs

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    R13 hit the nail on the head.

Appalachia made the first big mistake, and acted stupid, but JJK is not innocent.
    A brawl has more than one combatant, Appy aint gonna fight themselves.

It could have been easily prevented, and should have been IMO.

Its great to be proud of your team for going on the road, to a very tough place to play and beating the brakes off a decent team by almost 60 points.

But to be proud of your team because they got into a huge brawl? Proud of them for helping ignite a huge fight? WHY?

I'm not a JJK fan, nor an Appy fan, why the hell would I be there?
    I feel like I've got a pretty good recap of events, now i wasnt there, so i dont know exactly what happened, but its been posted in detail on here, so yeah we know what went on
    JJK's players response should not be the issue. Appy's coach should be.
    Winners never quit, and quitters never win.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ut1 View Post
    I don't think anyone is really questioning the players (if they are they're crazy), the adult who's in charge of them should have just completely defused the situation instead of leaving his kids in the position of getting a suspension or injury from some moronic moment. It's not doubt who instigated and started the foolishness, the "adults" in charge should have used better judgement on both sides.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ut1 View Post
    I am not talking about the Wise players, the JJK coaches could have done more to diffuse the situation instead of letting the kids 'charge' into the Appalachia players, knowing it would start a huge fight.

Appalachia's coaches are at fault for the incident beginning like it did, they should have corralled the team and kept them at bay, yes.

But how can you not lay some blame on the JJK staff for not preventing this?
    All they have to do is stop for two minutes, go get an official or go speak to the Appalachia coaches and stop that mess before it began.

Is that not the right thing to do, defusing the situation before it escalates?

Or do you think JJK did the absolute right thing, letting the situation develop into a huge mess?

No one is blaming the JJK kids for anything. The responsibility falls at the AHS doorstep. But JJK could have stopped anything from happening, but instead chose to 'prove a point'.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    I am not talking about the Wise players, the JJK coaches could have done more to diffuse the situation instead of letting the kids 'charge' into the Appalachia players, knowing it would start a huge fight.

Appalachia's coaches are at fault for the incident beginning like it did, they should have corralled the team and kept them at bay, yes.

But how can you not lay some blame on the JJK staff for not preventing this?
    All they have to do is stop for two minutes, go get an official or go speak to the Appalachia coaches and stop that mess before it began.

Is that not the right thing to do, defusing the situation before it escalates?

Or do you think JJK did the absolute right thing, letting the situation develop into a huge mess?

No one is blaming the JJK kids for anything. The responsibility falls at the AHS doorstep. But JJK could have stopped anything from happening, but instead chose to 'prove a point'.
    O.K. I got this from one of the officials on the field. He said it was obvious JJK's players didn't realize that Appy's players were on the other side of the banner they were to run through. As a matter of fact, he was surprised that Appy's players appeared so suddenly into the mix. So, again, the responsibility is not JJk's staff, but Appy's. I would say the same thing if the shoe were on the other foot. I wouldn't know BI or Austin if they walked over top of me, so I have no bias. I'm just going on what I was told by someone who was there on the field right in the middle of everything that was happening. He too, laid this at the feet of Appy.
    Winners never quit, and quitters never win.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It adds another dimension of the JJK team had no idea Appalachia was waiting on them.

I was going on that JJK and their HC knew that Appalachia was on the other side, and sent the team thru anyway.

If they didnt know that Appalachia was waiting for them on the other side, my opinion would drastically change.

I find it hard to believe, with all those people on the field in the spirit line, that the players and coaches were unaware of the Appalachia players, but if they werent, its a different story

Inactive Member imported_Sportsfan's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Kelly players did not know. When our players started running through the Appy players started running toward them. The Kelly players kept running, got through them, and went to the sidelines. They did not fall to the baiting, the cursing, the physical attacks. They got out there and did their job.
    Some people's reality is a fantasy because they don't know the difference between truth and lies

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have a hard time believing that they didn't curse back, didn't hit back or anything...just sat there and took everything. Sounds like some major BS, I know they sure aren't angels and I definitely don't believe they had that much patience. Let's be real here.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan87 View Post
    Yes, I am proud of JJK!! Maybe even a redneck...Were you there last night Biggin? How abotu you DJP??
    at the gc game, watching gate city be redneck with their pads, and cowbells, and wild crowd...it was something to be proud of, allways is.

its not right to be proud of any alltercation with players involved, unless of course the jj kelly players where to have turned the other cheek like the bible says, that takes guts, that takes a real man.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd just like to know when FSU and Miami ever got into a pregame scuffle, unchained?

Inactive Member imported_Sportsfan's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    I have a hard time believing that they didn't curse back, didn't hit back or anything...just sat there and took everything. Sounds like some major BS, I know they sure aren't angels and I definitely don't believe they had that much patience. Let's be real here.
    I'm not saying they didn't do anything, I know them too well. The thing is, they didn't make blatant jerks of themselves, they weren't throwing punches during the game, and they sure weren't taunting Appy's fans. I don't know of any football team that are "angels" but football is football. It's a rough game, but there is NO excuse for the Appy players behavior.
    Some people's reality is a fantasy because they don't know the difference between truth and lies