Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Redion D championship at UVa-Wise?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Redion D championship at UVa-Wise?

This is by far the dumbest thing going on in Region D right now. People (GC fans) are complaining about this til the end of time. It's almost a disgrace to themselves, they put up no such fight when all roads led to Lebanon and VHS in basketball...... The world of region d athletics does not revolve around football. I'm all for removing this from UVa-Wise, put it at the home sites, and do so for every sport.

This is not going to happen, the mighty dollar will continue to win out. It's simply logic, if you have two games at one venue you double the amount of people attending, thus you double the amount of concessions. Hmmm, wonder who gets that money? Oh yes, those fine folks in the Gate City Athletic Department (every other team there gets a part of the pie also). I've heard numbers that each school got around 5 g's from this deal last year.

You'll be hard pressed to get people to vote against that kind of money when they can use that for other athletic needs. So, I guess it comes down to sending your kids out and asking for donations, doing car washes, etc or playing at UVa-Wise and having somebody else sell over prized pizza, soda, popcorn, and candy. Wonder which the athletic directors will choose?
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pvfan View Post
    This is by far the dumbest thing going on in Region D right now. People (GC fans) are complaining about this til the end of time. It's almost a disgrace to themselves, they put up no such fight when all roads led to Lebanon and VHS in basketball...... The world of region d athletics does not revolve around football. I'm all for removing this from UVa-Wise, put it at the home sites, and do so for every sport.

This is not going to happen, the mighty dollar will continue to win out. It's simply logic, if you have two games at one venue you double the amount of people attending, thus you double the amount of concessions. Hmmm, wonder who gets that money? Oh yes, those fine folks in the Gate City Athletic Department (every other team there gets a part of the pie also). I've heard numbers that each school got around 5 g's from this deal last year.

You'll be hard pressed to get people to vote against that kind of money when they can use that for other athletic needs. So, I guess it comes down to sending your kids out and asking for donations, doing car washes, etc or playing at UVa-Wise and having somebody else sell over prized pizza, soda, popcorn, and candy. Wonder which the athletic directors will choose?

I am sorry you couldn't read my post's earlier. But I will type slower for you. I could care less where the basketball is played. If you want to play that at the highest seeds gym. That would be fine with me. I don't care. I don't think Gate City can host a region site because the size of the gym. But either way. I really don't care. Hell, move it to PV. They have a visitor's side.

The truth is Wise isn't set up to host this. Again, They don't even have a visitor's side. What does it hold 300 people? And the field is awful. I mean have you ever walked on it much less played a game. It is like a trampoline. It sucks.

Furthermore it makes no sense. I mean say Gate City and Leb play. Why should people in Leb and Gate City have to drive all the way to Wise to play. It is stupid. The same for basketball. Say Burton and Clintwood play. Why should they have to go to Bristol? It is stupid. It doesn't have anything to do with Gate City. It has to do with this is a stupid Idea. And I don't care what you say. I don't see how you could make more money at Wise than playing the game at each site. It makes no sense.....
    "Players win games. Teams win championships."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

furthermore it makes no sense.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VOL61 View Post
    I am sorry you couldn't read my post's earlier. But I will type slower for you. I could care less where the basketball is played. If you want to play that at the highest seeds gym. That would be fine with me. I don't care. I don't think Gate City can host a region site because the size of the gym. But either way. I really don't care. Hell, move it to PV. They have a visitor's side.

The truth is Wise isn't set up to host this. Again, They don't even have a visitor's side. What does it hold 300 people? And the field is awful. I mean have you ever walked on it much less played a game. It is like a trampoline. It sucks.

Furthermore it makes no sense. I mean say Gate City and Leb play. Why should people in Leb and Gate City have to drive all the way to Wise to play. It is stupid. The same for basketball. Say Burton and Clintwood play. Why should they have to go to Bristol? It is stupid. It doesn't have anything to do with Gate City. It has to do with this is a stupid Idea. And I don't care what you say. I don't see how you could make more money at Wise than playing the game at each site. It makes no sense.....

Well the region D princapals vote on this (every few years) so if there are more votes against it than for it then things will go back to how they were before (Honistly i like being able to catch both games and have never had a tough time finding a seat but that is just me)

I will say that I am not a hugh fan of the playing surface BUT it is better than the Mud bath games from a few weeks ago (I hope that when UVA-Wise replaces there surface they go with field turf)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Counts View Post
    Well the region D princapals vote on this (every few years) so if there are more votes against it than for it then things will go back to how they were before (Honistly i like being able to catch both games and have never had a tough time finding a seat but that is just me)

I will say that I am not a hugh fan of the playing surface BUT it is better than the Mud bath games from a few weeks ago (I hope that when UVA-Wise replaces there surface they go with field turf)
    I think it needs to be changed. It isn't fair to the highest seed and It isn't a good venue as far as the set up goes to host it.

But that is just my opinion. Another thing I would like to see changed that probably never will be is these games should be on Friday Night. High School Football IMO is to be played on Friday Nights under the lights. I don't care how cold it is. I don't care you have to drive home late at night. Saturdays are for College Football not High School....
    "Players win games. Teams win championships."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ive heard that UVA Wise is replacing the astro turf with field turf as soon as next year.

Inactive Member imported_blue52's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They need to, that stuff they have now is awful

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think playing those games at UVa-Wise is a great thing. you get a good field, good seats, if you are lucky 2 games and 99% of those kids will only get to play on a college field once or twice in their life. Norton has been a #1 seed several times and I have no problem with playing the first playoff game at home then the championship game out at UVa-Wise.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

Inactive Member imported_blue52's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hated playing there, in pile ups your feet cling to that astro turf and your knees and ankles take a beating. In two games there I think my knees got twisted up and my ankles rolled more than the other 40 some I played in.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the field is crap, the seats are crap, i don't think most high school players get excited about playing on uva wise feild.....