Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Pioneers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PVVikings2006 View Post
    I'm not going to worry about any of the GC coaches trying to keep us out of the pressbox. Because... GC tried to keep us out of the state final four.....and.... THEY FAILED!!!

Nothing like beating the Big Blue for another Region D football title! And dont think that our guys havent earned it.

I feel we can go on now and give a Radford team a really good battle at our place... win and go to Salem.

And its probably good that GC has an early exit out of football and is able to get ready for basketball season. I believe they lost their all everything, do everything point guard along with a few other players and they are going to need all the practice they can get when they face the Cobb bros and company for roundball. I wouldnt be surprised to see big Jerome throw one down on all their heads this year in GC.

This could be a banner year for Pioneer sports!!! Go Pioneers!!!

I really dont know why the GC coaches decided to get revenge at Wise knowing Lebanon will be headed to GC next year. I do know the reason was because of being locked out at Lebanon from the pressbox and the roof. All the GC coaches were forced to stand on the sidelines there. I really dont care though. As for Lebanons game with Radford I wonder why Leb dont get in touch with Richlands or Honaker and play on Field Turf? Would be a great way to prep for Salem. Being so close to those schools it would make since to play on the Field Turf rather than at Lebanon.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: GC vs Leb

Quote Originally Posted by Counts View Post
    LOL I could not help myself
    So you headed to E&H to watch Norton with Ironlung?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    So you headed to E&H to watch Norton with Ironlung?
    No my Daughter has an AAU thing in Lebanon so i will try to slip out to that game if possable

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This type of "gamesmanship" has been going on with GC and Lebanon since the CMD was created.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by plooolt View Post
    This type of "gamesmanship" has been going on with GC and Lebanon since the CMD was created.

Makes for a great Rivalry doesnt it?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Pioneers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PVVikings2006 View Post

And its probably good that GC has an early exit out of football and is able to get ready for basketball season. I believe they lost their all everything, do everything point guard along with a few other players and they are going to need all the practice they can get when they face the Cobb bros and company for roundball.

lol its okay because we got this 6'3 transfer from austin texas, paul arnold and he's going to be doing the throwing down in the district
    Gate City: 16 State Championships in the 2000s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Counts View Post
    It was a heck of a game and from what i understand the GC coaches got things started before the game even started when they tryed to keep the Lebanon coaches from getting setup in the pressbox.........To me it looks like GC spent WAY to much time *****ing and moaning about the game being played at UVA-Wise and not enough time foceing on the team that they would be playing

It gets me thinking about all the times I would hear the GC folks complaining about Colobro choking in the playoffs (Never thought he got the respect he diserved down there) I wounder if House will suffer the same fate

That being said With the young Talent GC had this season they should be the preseason 2010 pick to win the region

Some of the select few at GC are crucifying him but the smart ones know that without Housewright we would not have played in that game. Colobro was a heck of a coach but had he coached this team they would have been lucky to be 5-5 for the year. I think the world of Colobro as a person but as a coach he had some very good teams lose games they shouldnt have. This year GC was not supposed to be all that great but Housewright and the other coaches made lemonade out of lemons. I for one am very happy with the season we had considering how young they were. You can bet your sweet butt I am looking forward to next season! I hope Housewright stays with us for a very long time! I know I am not the only one either. Now my cousin on the other hand was all for House all season then Saturday night he was talking how Housewright should never have been our coach. I told him time after time he was lucky we did have him because we would have had more than two losses for the year and not played in the 2nd round of our State Playoffs. But my cousin is one of those that are always the first to blame the coaching for a loss and to make matters worse he stood with the only 10 out of the thousands of GC fans that blamed House.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Some of the select few at GC are crucifying him but the smart ones know that without Housewright we would not have played in that game. Colobro was a heck of a coach but had he coached this team they would have been lucky to be 5-5 for the year. I think the world of Colobro as a person but as a coach he had some very good teams lose games they shouldnt have. This year GC was not supposed to be all that great but Housewright and the other coaches made lemonade out of lemons. I for one am very happy with the season we had considering how young they were. You can bet your sweet butt I am looking forward to next season! I hope Housewright stays with us for a very long time! I know I am not the only one either. Now my cousin on the other hand was all for House all season then Saturday night he was talking how Housewright should never have been our coach. I told him time after time he was lucky we did have him because we would have had more than two losses for the year and not played in the 2nd round of our State Playoffs. But my cousin is one of those that are always the first to blame the coaching for a loss and to make matters worse he stood with the only 10 out of the thousands of GC fans that blamed House.
    This Gate City Team overacheived all year. They have some talent. Don't get me wrong. But Coach Housewright, Gilbert, Bubba, Darren, Jones done about as good a coaching job as I have seen. Nothing against Nick but I don't think we could have had that type of season if he would have stayed. The new staff brought a lot of excitment and a different attitude that has been missed for awhile at GC. Lebanon, Richlands, and Bluefield all had more talent than GC. But the coaching staff got these kids to believe in themselves and play together. And I am sure as soon as they get back from Christmas break they will be in the weight room working their butts off. They will be better next year. That I am sure of. They do need to find a passing game though. But I promise you the kids at will not back down from anyone and alot of credit for that goes to the coaching staff because they want either and the kids feed off that....

As far as Wise. It didn't cost GC the game. I don't care if GC was the #1, 2, 3, 4, whatever seed. I hate playing there. The field sucks, The studium sucks, it isn't set up to host this. It is a bad ideal. As far as basketball. They have done it in basketball for years. But if changing basketball meant you would never have to go to UVA Wise again I am all for it. I think in football you play the season to set yourself up for the playoffs. The highest seeds should be able to play at home. That has nothing to do with GC. If PV or Leb. is the high seed they deserve to play the game at their place.
    "Players win games. Teams win championships."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I do belive next year gate city will have the biggest year passing since 2003, well, at least the tools are there...montana morris, logan byrd, cory franklin, all very good canadits to throw the ball too, Montana esp will prolly be a bigger part of the offense than anyone expects. One thing though, Nick Bowen has to play QB, I know the recievers want it, Dusty should want it (since he would excell insanely at the RB pos), he will be a sophmore, if he steps up, i think we could throw the ball around.
    Gate City: 16 State Championships in the 2000s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I understand the seeding thing about home game and there is no question it would be nice to have had it a home but I also understand that you have to go with the system. Only reason that the GC faithful are 'complaining' so much is that want things there way. C'mon everybody, including Jason, knows it. Over there, they can be as big of idiots as they want and there is nothing done about it. Had someone cussing a kid and calling him everthing under the sun a few years ago, bad enough that someone talked to one of the barneys over there, who laughed it off and said he'd watch it. Then of course he went to get a legion hotdog and didn't think twice about it. I dont care if they cuss adults, thats stupidity but thats life but when they are cussing/mocking kids its a problem. I dont understand where the seating problems are so horrible since if you go to Gate City, at least according to them, there isn't enough seating on the home side that they have to take half the visitors, if you're sitting intermixed anyways at home, whats the difference up there.

Biggest thing I think, you make it more of an 'atmosphere' by playing it at the college or somewhere like that. Wow someone gets to play at GC for a game, and that is different than playing there all year, how? Since there is neutral sites for the finals and for the region, think they need them for half state too. Otherwise you get situations where you play on fields that should not be hosting state playoff games. I do think Gate City could handle the game, but last I looked, Gate City is not the only team in the region. I know sometimes they think or feel they are but they aren't and thats part of being in a system where everybody gets a vote, its not made to make the blue devils happy.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.