Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Redskins

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Redskins

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    nah he is just really high on Minnesota, who is getting trounced by Arizona tonight.


    ill take beating Wash in OT over losing by 20 to Arizona
    im high on minnesota too, even if they did lose tonight, but i call a spade a spade : D
    Cant we all just get along?

  2. #12
    Inactive Member PVVikings2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2006
    Posts
    501
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Redskins

    who cares about how many points who gives up...... a W is a W. im sure thats all they care about.
    UNION HIGH SCHOOL BEARS - THE NEW ERA BEGINS

  3. #13
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Redskins

    A win is a win. If the Skins can put up 30 on the Saints though, that is definitely reason to worry. Two or three weeks ago they held my team to seven points and still lost. They are terrible.

    The Vikes did lose, I still think they are very very impressive though. To me they are solid an in all of the parts I feel a team needs to be to win in the postseaon.

    I'm not bashing the Saints, not saying they suck and not saying what they are doing right now isn't impressive. I've just seen this all before. I don't think they can win the Superbowl, that is what I'm saying. I definitely don't believe they will go undefeated all the way through and have the 19-0 season or w/e it takes to win it all. Time will tell I guess.

    Not really related, but the Packers and the Cardinals might surprise some people in the playoffs. I wouldn't want to see eitherof them in January.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Redskins

    I dont think the Saints will go undefeated, yet they are a more complete team than Minny, and arugably a better defense.

    So, in what form is Minny more impressive than New Orleans?


    (NFL rank)
    Rushing
    NO Saints: 142.6 YPG (5th)
    Minnesota Vikings: 123.6 YPG (11th)

    Passing
    Saints: 294.7 YPG, (3rd)
    Vikings:275.7 YPG, (10th)

    Total Yards
    Saints: 429 YPG, (1st)
    Vikings: 383.8. (5th)

    Points
    Saints: 36.7 PPG, (1st)
    Vikings: 29.9 PPG, (2nd)

    Defense;

    Rush D
    Minnesota: 84.3 YPG, (1st)
    New Orleans: 113.9 YPG, (20th)

    Pass D
    Minny: 227.2 YPG, (21st)
    N.O.: 230 YPG, (22nd)

    PPG
    Minny: 19.4 PPG (11th)
    NO: 20.9 (16th)

    Turnover Margin (one of the best indicators of success IMO)

    New Orleans: +15 (2nd)
    Minnesota: +7 (7th)

    And the Saints have 8 defensive TD's, compared to Minny's 1.
    That makes up for some of the stats on defense.
    The Saints allow more yards, but they force more turnovers and score more points on defense.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Redskins

    and yeah the Packers looked great last night, if they get in, they will be a tough out.

    My surprise pick is the Eagles. At 8-4, they should make the playoffs, and they have a very opportunisitc defense and a big play offense.

  6. #16
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Redskins

    The Vikes D-line is so dominant with those big DTs, and Jared Allen is just a beast. They stop the run better than anyone, and to me that is step number one to winning in the postseason.

    No matter what the stats say, I believe the Vikings will run the ball better than the Saints in the playoffs. They have the best back in the league, and a great back up, very very good run blocking o line. They will definitely be able to run the ball. Step number two.

    Neither of the two teams have great DB's, but I'll give the Saints teh edge here simply b/c they create more turnovers. If they fail to make those big plays though, then what?

    Aside from the DBs, the Vikings have the better pass rush. They have 40 sacks to the Saints' 26. They also have one of the premier pass rushers in the league(if not the best). They should be able to rush the passer w/o blitzing alot, allowing the seven other guys to defend the pass/rush. Either way, they get after the QB. Step 3.

    Both teams ahve good QBs. Favre has the more experience but he's also had more playoff implosions. Statisically, he has taken better care of the ball this year though throwing less interceptions than Brees on more attempts. Gonna say this one is too close to call as far as QB play, but Favre has been taking better care of the ball, while also putting up pretty good numbers and scoring. Step 4

    Special Teams the Vikings also have the edge. Ryan Longwell is as close to automatic as it gets, he's got almost a 20 percent higher completion rate than the Saints' kickers. (Longwell 19/20, Carney + Hartley 17/22). I gotta give the edge to Percy Harvin over Courtney Roby in the return game too, Harvin is just electric. Step 5

    So there you have it. That's why I believe they are the better team.


    The Eagles should get in, either by way of wildcard or winning the East, those big plays they are capable of definitely helps them out and Andy Reid knows how to win in the postseason so I'll agree they are dangerous. I think the Packers will definitely be the other team to go in a wildcard like I said. I can see both of these teams upsetting the likes of the Vikings and Saints.

    Dallas...who knows. Not sure if they will get in, but they should. They could be a darkhorse. I'm hoping anyway......

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Redskins

    You say the QB's are even?? Are you nuts? We all know what Farve does and can do, he is as capable as losing a game and throwing 4 picks as he is winning and throwing 4 TD's.

    Brees is 10x the QB Farve is right now, cmon man.

    Dont discount the Saints D like that. They have serious talent as well.
    Sedrick Ellis, Charles Grant, and Will Smith are all very talented players.
    They arent as dominant as the Williams, but they are very good.

    WR's?=the Saints
    QB?=Saints
    RB's?=Minnesota
    TE's=Saints
    O-Line=Minnesota
    D-Line-Minnesota
    LB's=Saints
    DB's=Saints

    Why wouldnt the Saints be able to run the ball in the playoffs? Pierre Thomas is VERY good, and their passing game opens up the run game very well. The Saints will be able to run the ball because teams are so scared of the pass.
    NO has a terrific LB corp, they can stop the run. Vilma is awesome, Pro-Bowler skills. Fujita is a very good LB. Shanel is servicable.

    With Winfield hurt, the Saints DB's are def. better. Sharper is playing as good as any, Jabari Greer has played really well, as has the rookie Malcolm Jenkins.
    With Winfield id give the edge to Minnesota, but without NO is def. better.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member duckmeat's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 7th, 2007
    Posts
    2,017
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Redskins

    Looking at both QBs stats(which are both very good) yeah I would take Favre. Only reason I said it's too close to call is because of the bad side Favre has, which hasn't come out this year. He's playing with a level head, and when Favre isn't making mistakes I don't know if I would take Brees over him. Favre just has some type of voodoo about him.

    Never said the Saints wouldn't be able to run the ball. I said I believe the Vikings will be able to run the ball better. If the two play though, the Saints will have a harder time because of the Vikes D. The pass does ordinarily help their running game out, but that Dline is pretty capable of wrecking a team's running game in itself.

    Also, where did I discount their defense?

    Their defense does have some very nice players, and I like the opportunistic style they use. To me though, their defense just isn't on par with the Vikings as a whole. The Vikings linebackers and dbs are both very talented, definitely no pushovers. (No Vilma or Darren Sharper either though).

    Taking nothing away from the Saints, and they should be contenders for awhile. I like the way the Vikings are built, they are built pretty much identical to how I would build a team. The Saints, well simply I just don't think they'll be there at the end of the day. Time will tell I suppose.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •