Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Shanahan To Skins

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    14 is a number you picked out specifically, because it made your stats sound better.
    14 is not a logical number to use.

The 49ers won Super Bowl's in two decades, 80's and 90's.

You said WASHINGTON had more of a legacy, not Oakland.

You are talking out your ass. To try and say that the age before teh Super Bowl is just as important as after is total BS. How many teams played back then? How many teams were actually competitive? Before the merger, before Super Bowl I, there were two separate organizations, two totally different entities.
    Should Portsmouth be considered a legendary team because they played in the 1930's???

To try and use the titles won by WASH in the 1930's and 40's to cement their NFL legacy is ridiculous.
    The Bears, Packers, Browns, etc.. all had great success before the merger, but none of that is relevant today, because not all the teams played in the same organization.

People only go back as far as the first merger because that is the most logical point to start, because its a level playing field after SB I. The modern NFL is what we are talking about since you brought up Super Bowls, seeing as how the Super Bowl started the modern NFL.

Why do you keep bringing up the Raiders? You said Washington, not Oakland.

The Raiders are one of the most storied franchise in the NFL, no doubt. But even Oakland cannot match SF OR Dallas in Super Bowl wins, nor can they match SF in Super Bowl winning %
    Show me where I said Washington had anything better than Dallas than a present coach..and duckmeat introduced the Raiders into this debate, not me..but fair is fair cuz you ramble endlessly about the Niners..why did you bring them into it? This started as a Skins-Boys thing..yall turned it into a league wide thing. As for the history of the league, the AFL only existed for roughly 10 years..its not like football was suddenly revolutionized with the SB..actually GB would have as many if not more SBs to their credit if they started playing them in 1960 with the invention of the AFL.. As for legacies, Al Davis was instrumental in making the merger happen.. All in all he's prolly done more for the league and has a greater legacy by himself than ANY team..he is to owners kinda like Jim Otto was to Centers.. The best ever. Recent years have tarnished his image to yall young dittles, but his accomplishments are not debatable.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sup-rbeast View Post
    but really I don't think overall the Cowboys have any more of a legacy than Washington.
    there ya go

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No not "there ya go"..what I wrote clearly states "any more of" which means "no more or no less than"..so I'd appreciate it if you would stop trying to put words in my mouth or implying I've posted things I didn't post. All it requires is closer more careful reading on your part. Don't make assumptions on my posts cuz I write exactly what I mean..I don't speak in riddles, and it isn't that hard to comprehend.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

blah blah blah, you flat out said that Dallas and Washington are on teh same level of legacy and history.

are they? nope

do you make rambling, incoherent posts making it impossibe for anyone to try and discuss anything with you? yes

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In my estimation they are on the same level..I've asked you to point out where I saud otherwise and you can't..so go brush up on your league history, quit whining like a lil biotch and move on.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sup-rbeast View Post
    And lost 3 of 'em..thanks for proving my point.
    You said outside of Jimmy Johnson, Dallas hasn't done anything. I tell you they went to five previous Super Bowls and I prove your point how?

Ha, I know you hate Dallas but come on.

Going to 8 Super Bowls is a HUGE feat.

What "ignorance" am I spouting? I'm layin out facts here.

Dallas > Washington as far as legacy. Nothing equal about them, I'm willing to bet even level headed Skins fans will admit that. If they aren't, then tell me how the Skins are better/equal.

As far as Choakland goes, you actually brought it up, not me. Either way, their legacy is very good, one of the best. Al Davis did used to be great, and he was instrumental in making the league what it is today. He's lost his touch and his mind now though(See Darius Heyward-Bey for one example).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234