Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: The Official Lets Go Redlegs/Bravos Season Thread

That was a nicely executed squeeze in the 9th. I just happened to turn it over to the MLB channel as they were showing it.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    That was a nicely executed squeeze in the 9th. I just happened to turn it over to the MLB channel as they were showing it.
    The Reds have executed 3 squeeze plays over this past week. The one last night was nice, but probably not as nice as the one Paul Janish executed a few games ago. The pitch to Janish was down around his ankles and not only did he get the bat on it to save the runner, but was able to keep it in play to score the run.

I must admit, I am getting REAL excited about this year. OF course this time last week I was pretty down, but knowing how we had recovered in the past, I wasn't extremely concerned. watching this team bounce back time after time has been fun to watch. The further we go, the more greedy i'm getting. Right now, all I want is to make the playoffs. I know if we get there, I'll want to win it all. I don't think the Reds are quite World Series Champion material, but in the playoffs, anything can happen I suppose.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Anything can happen once you get there, no doubt about it. You just gotta give yourself a chance to get there. I love watching well executed squeeze plays.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: R.I.P. Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Saluki86 View Post
    The funeral for the Reds was today! At least they were involved in some kind of race this year. Maybe next year. Go Cardinals!:mooning:
    Since you made this post the Reds haven't lost a game and the Cardinals have won a grand total of one game.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Braves looked good today laying a whoopin on the Cubbies and taking 2 of 3 over the weekend. Omar Infante and Jason Heyward had huge days. Omar Infante has made everyone forget that Chipper Jones was even on the ballclub.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Coming into their series with the Dodgers, the Reds had gone 0 for their last 12 games in L.A. A streak dating back to 2006. The Reds in 2010 took 2 out of 3 for their first series win in LA since 2004.

This "daunting" West Coast trip for the Reds hasn't turned out all bad thus far. We are 5-1 with a 3 game set against the Giants on schedule Monday thru Wednesday. We have already clinched a winning road trip, something all Reds fans would have gladly taken when it started.

Votto made a huge claim for NL MVP today by going 2-4 with a tiebreaking HR in the 6th inning and then one of the best ABs of the season in the 9th. With the bases loaded and down 0-2, Votto battled the count back to 3-2 against Broxton before lacing a liner into LF for a 2 RBI single. Votto went 2-4 with a HR, single, and 3 RBI.

Votto is 1st in the NL in AVG at .323, 3rd in HRs with 29, and 2nd in RBI with 86

Pujols is the only other player who can even lay claim as a contender right now as he is 4th, 1st, and 1st in those categories.

Votto is 1 in OPS with Pujols 2nd.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That was one of the best at bats I have ever seen. Votto leads in slugging and ops as well. He's also second in runs scored. If the season ended today there is no way a logical voter could vote for anybody but Votto.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One thing that might impact Votto's chances, fair or not since he doesn't have the name of Pujols, is does Chipper Jones injury end up costing Votto the batting title? I don't believe Infante is too far out now from becoming eligible my minimum ABs and has a .349 BA at the moment.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Infante can't get to the 502 plate appearances required to qualify for the batting title. I hope the writers vote for the best player not the name. Honestly, it may come down to who wins the division.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I couldn't remember what the cutoff is, so your probably right. He would have to play every game the Braves have left and avg. 5 ABs per game to reach it.