Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Numbers

  1. #21
    Inactive Member joedirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 10th, 2009
    Posts
    139
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
    I have never seen more than 25 at Ervinton, last I heard SP was at 24. Coeburn has 47, great numbers considering we haven't been over 30 in years.
    My last year coaching at Ervinton, 06, we had 34 out all season.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Numbers

    22 is what I am hearing now out at Ervinton.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 1999
    Posts
    1,019
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    22 is what I am hearing now out at Ervinton.
    It makes it tough if you can't go 11 on 11 in practice I can't imagain being a coach trying to prepare for a game with those numbers

  4. #24
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Numbers

    Really you can only go half lines like that. Its really difficult. I believe my Soph. year at RC we got in a situation like that after a few injuries. It was really difficult running the wing-T to practice like that.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  5. #25
    Inactive Member Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 1999
    Posts
    1,019
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    Really you can only go half lines like that. Its really difficult. I believe my Soph. year at RC we got in a situation like that after a few injuries. It was really difficult running the wing-T to practice like that.
    That was my thinking

  6. #26
    Inactive Member joedirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 10th, 2009
    Posts
    139
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Numbers

    Quote Originally Posted by Counts View Post
    That was my thinking
    My first year at Ervinton we had 17 on the roster and about 14 average at practice. You have to use what you can get your hands on for team periods. Parents, garbage cans, dummies (not parents, agility dummies), cones, etc. Special teams are real tought when it is that way. How do you simulate a kickoff or return when you have 3 extra kids standing there?

  7. #27
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Numbers

    what times are teams at practice?
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  8. #28
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Numbers

    It seems like most schools have switched from 2 a days over the years to doing a evening practice instead.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #29
    Inactive Member Fifty_One's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 5th, 2009
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Numbers

    I know Burton and Pound did two-a-days this week. JJK did evening practice. Thats the only schools im sure of.

  10. #30
    Inactive Member appydawg95's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 24th, 2009
    Posts
    86
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Numbers

    Appy just finished up 2 a days today and like i said they have about 48 total kids and its really getting exciting for dawg fans up here!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •