Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: GC/Honaker

Quote Originally Posted by NotSoSilentBob View Post
    Coeburn was anything but a run-first offense this season.
    Like I said I saw very little of Coeburn. But the few box scores I could find, for the TS/CW/TW//GC games, Coeburn had more rushing yards than passing yards.

vs. Twin Springs, they had 128 rushing and 22 passing, Clintwood they had 64 rushing and 50 passing, Thomas Walker they had 162 rushing and 114 passing, and im pretty sure they had more rushing yards than passing yards against JJK, I couldnt find the box but JJK held them to 108 total yards and they said a runner had a couple decent runs.

vs. Ervington, they had 184 passing and 110 rushing, that was the only box I found that Coeburn passed for more yards than they had rushing.

Going by that, it seems as if Coeburn relied on the rush for the bulk of their yardage, and PV did very well against the run all year. (and the pass as well, JIB hit two long ones but basically nothing other than that)
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: GC/Honaker

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    Like I said I saw very little of Coeburn. But the few box scores I could find, for the TS/CW/TW//GC games, Coeburn had more rushing yards than passing yards.
    Hey, just because they threw the ball a lot more than they did in previous years doesn't mean they were necessarily good at it!

I was not impressed at all with their passing game this year, but it was nice to see them mixing it up a lot more than they had before.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456