Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: ACC championship

Lets give Stanford our all Hokies!

Good luck to FSU against Mississippi State. Represent the ACC well against the SEC.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How Bout Them HOKIES! Great game and big win over a pretty good FSU team who just took UF apart last week. Tyrod played one heck of a game. One of the best to wear the Orange and Maroon.
    "They (Miami) told me I wasn't big enough to play running back,'' said Ryan Williams with a snicker. "And they tried to offer me as an athlete or wide receiver."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

VT was unbelivable tonight, specifically TT.
    Ive never seen him play that well. FSU made it easy for him, they left open WRs all night long. Ive never seen a team leave so many WRs so wide open.
    Not a very good defensive effort from either team, allowing almost 80 combined points, but the VT offense was in sync all night and hitting on all cylinders.

Beating UF is not an indicator this year, that team is in shambles.

If VT draws Stanford, which is likely, good luck. They are gonna need it. Stanford is playing very, very well and Luck is the best QB in teh country.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Defense has been the weak spot this season. Plus with 2 starting LB's out the entire 2nd half I thought VT's D played fair.

I hope they get Stanford may lose but oh well. I'd still rather play them as UConn.

And I do agree on UF. They got markedly worse as the season went on, I just had to throw in the "FSU beat them" comment.
    "They (Miami) told me I wasn't big enough to play running back,'' said Ryan Williams with a snicker. "And they tried to offer me as an athlete or wide receiver."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well FSU was able to pass at will, the VT run defense was much better tonight but the pass D was pretty bad against a young QB in one of his first starts.
    Manuel is a super talented guy no doubt, but VT is known for defense but the defense just has not been there this year, its been the offense carrying them as they did tonight.

allowing an average FSU offense to put up 33 points is pretty bad, but putting up 44 on a very solid (well had been very solid lol) FSU defense is impressive.

im not trying to be VThater or talk down to VT, but beating Stanford will be aTOUGH task. the pass D was bad tonight, if they dont fix the holes (with R. Carmichael getting 100% will help) Luck might throw for 500 yards. He is that good.

but VT might be able to expose Stanford's front 7 with the run, the STAN run D got gashed by Oregon.

Inactive Member collegetrumpet2010's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll admit, VT had me worried at the beginning of the year. It makes me wonder where VT would be had they beaten BSU. I don't think think they would be number 1 or 2. They would probably be fighting with TCU over the number 3 spot or at least in the top 5.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Better team won last night. FSU couldn't stop Tech at all. Ponder playing wouldn't have made much of a difference IMO.

If they could have won that Boise game they would probably be sitting 13-0 right now.....

I hope they get someone other than Uconn. ACC vs. Big East is past old.... Would love to see Stanford vs. VT. Would be a great game.
    "Players win games. Teams win championships."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    well FSU was able to pass at will, the VT run defense was much better tonight but the pass D was pretty bad against a young QB in one of his first starts.
    Manuel is a super talented guy no doubt, but VT is known for defense but the defense just has not been there this year, its been the offense carrying them as they did tonight.

allowing an average FSU offense to put up 33 points is pretty bad, but putting up 44 on a very solid (well had been very solid lol) FSU defense is impressive.

im not trying to be VThater or talk down to VT, but beating Stanford will be aTOUGH task. the pass D was bad tonight, if they dont fix the holes (with R. Carmichael getting 100% will help) Luck might throw for 500 yards. He is that good.

but VT might be able to expose Stanford's front 7 with the run, the STAN run D got gashed by Oregon.
    like you said...getting Carmichael back will help shore up the pass defense...our best LB (Barquell Rivers) has been out all year, but he may make it back in time for the bowl game...if not, Bruce Taylor has been our leading tackler all season, so he'll do fine

we'll also get back our starting WR and KR, Dyrell Roberts

next year looks pretty promising with a lot of people coming back...if Taylor had red-shirted, I would say you'd have to give that squad a serious look at a run at the National Title...but we'll be breaking in a new QB, so hopefully he can play well enough to not lose games

Evans and Williams will both leave early for the NFL, that's been a foregone conclusion since the season began...but Wilson and Oglesby are both back and Tony Gregory is a nice young RB as well

all the WRs are back...Drager is gonna slide back to TE next year and will be the starter...we get 4 starting OL back and 7 of our top 9 linemen

we lose John Graves at DT, but he, Davon Morgan and Rashad Carmichael are the only losses on the defensive side of the ball

I would say we'll win 10 games again next year and depending upon the strength of the rest of the conference, another shot at another ACC title
    "An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bruce Taylor has played very well in the games ive saw, and last night he was the one that really started the VT roll. FSU had good momentum til Taylor tipped the pass that got picked and returned for a TD.

next VT qb, who is it? J. Clayton or Logan Thomas?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think I read Thomas is the leading candidate.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast