Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Powell Valley (4-0 LPD) at J.J. Kelly (4-0 LPD) Tuesday January 25th, 2011

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Powell Valley (4-0 LPD) at J.J. Kelly (4-0 LPD) Tuesday January 25th, 2011

The showdown many people predicted is going to occur. The winner of the game finishes the first half of the LPD season undefeated and alone in first place. This is the best Kelly team in several years while Powell Valley enters the game finally starting to play up to what many folks expected at the start of the season. One key component to the game in my opinion will be who gets off to a hot start. The Indians have struggled against the Vikings in recent history losing at least the five meetings between the two schools. However, the last time the two clubs hooked up a low scoring affair occurred in JJK. PV held on for a 35-32 victory en route to the LPD title. This years match up once again appears to be a low scoring slug fest. JJK and Powell Valley are the top two defensive teams in the league despite differing in defensive approach. JJK's guards obviously have an advantage on the perimeter while PV should have an advantage on the inside.

Anybody who thinks I'm picking against PV is crazy: PV by ten. JJK gets frustrated with PV's defensive pressure and Stick makes a big jump in claiming his second consecutive player of the year award.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Powell Valley (4-0 LPD) at J.J. Kelly (4-0 LPD) Tuesday January 25th, 2011

I disagree. Last year, PV had a far better team and only managed to beat kelly up there by 3 points. This year JJ Kelly has the better team, and this one is at the crackerbox. I believe that Aaron Clark will feast and he'll get assistance from teammates. Kelly Appears deeper than PV, and they have more balance in their scoring, and I dont think that Kelly will have to score that much. PV's offense isn't great. JJ Kelly wins 41-35. Very low scoring, defensive slugfest.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've watched both teams play once (vs J.I. Burton) It is gonna be a better game than I think most people are gonna allow, here is how I see it

Kelly has better shooters on the floor. I don't think they have an answer for number 12 from PV (not sure the kids name) PV has a better Defense than kelly does, if PV keeps Kellys 3 point shooters from shooting at will PV should win, even then may be a close one. PV has number 12 and 50 is the only 2 I think are really a threat 30 likes to shoot but not as good a shot as the 2 from JJKelly. Im not sure if Kelly will be able to match up with PVs Size either 50 and (maybe) 54 are tall and play Physical inside, I don't think Kelly will be able to match up.

Dont' foul the kids from PV they don't miss free throws... EVER

But like I said... If PVs D don't keep on Kellys shooters they'll light it up all night on em.

PV by 6
    [IMG]http://he-man.us/Innovations/He-ManGifs/SkeletorYellBig1.gif[/IMG]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If PV can get going down low with the big guys Vernon and Baker early they will be fine. Stick also needs to have a good shooting night and needs to drive to the basket anytime it's possible. Henry could play a big part in the game to if he can get hot from 3 land
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/redskins3.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/6a00d83451ba6469e200e54f0eaffb8833-.gif[/img]
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/MattMan7/unc1-1.jpg[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Score?????

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    Score?????
    JJK won by 15
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm sure pvfan will have an interesting input on tonight's game. Bottom line JJK is much deeper than PV . JJK has a defensive scheme that pressured Stick and Vernon which basically made the other three on the floor score for PV. Early in the game it looked like that scheme wouldnt work but Vernon went cold and Stick never really got going. PV ont he other hand pressured Clark the entire game but his teammates stepped up and made some buckets which allowed Clark to get open shots.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by basketballguy View Post
    I'm sure pvfan will have an interesting input on tonight's game. Bottom line JJK is much deeper than PV . JJK has a defensive scheme that pressured Stick and Vernon which basically made the other three on the floor score for PV. Early in the game it looked like that scheme wouldnt work but Vernon went cold and Stick never really got going. PV ont he other hand pressured Clark the entire game but his teammates stepped up and made some buckets which allowed Clark to get open shots.

Conditioning played huge role tonight as well. By late 2nd quarter the Vikings were winded. Typical LPD officiating on both sides tonight
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Exactly what do you mean by "typical" LPD officiating?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LPD_007 View Post
    Exactly what do you mean by "typical" LPD officiating?

Anything was a foul through most of the game,folks getting away with carrying ball and pushing off all night long. 1st half lopsided foul descrepency for PV then in 2nd half refs trying to make up calls and close gap...you know same 'ol same 'ol.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast