Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Central

Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
    As for beefing up their schedule, I agree and dis agree. They beefed it up with North, but I still stick by my earlier post that Sullivan Central is and always will be a weak opponent. And, the Cumberland, the only team there that could have gained anything this year was Castlewood due to their proximity to St. Paul. The rest are just mediocre teams wich are, at best even with Central.
    While you're criticizing schedules why don't you take a look at Burton's and give them some grief over it.
    The test is simple, if "your" team wins a national championship, do you get a championship ring? If the answer is yes, then you can say "we." If not, you can't.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The thing with Burton, they are a Div. 1 team and play withing their division so your beef with Burton playing a "soft" schedule just don't jive, dude. They played Lee, a school whose program is on an up-turn and they have plenty of talent. No, dude, Central's problem is as has it hase always been, too soft. Their coaching is not able to adjust at all to any situation. Central has plenty of talent, but I am afraid they are "catering" to the few loud mouths in Pound. Now, look at Union's schedule, they have probably the hardest schedule in this area with the exception of Tom Walker and they are no push over. Central's soft schedule will end up costing several teams here a chance at a higher seed in the playoffs just because they lost to 2 teams they should have easily defeated.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Gate City has the toughest schedule in the area. Bar none.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    Gate City could go 2-8 and deserve a playoff spot just on SOS alone,and they'd give the first round opponent fits
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Inactive Member Widespread_Panic's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by centennialdawg View Post
    The thing with Burton, they are a Div. 1 team and play withing their division so your beef with Burton playing a "soft" schedule just don't jive, dude.
    You bring up Lee but forget to mention the juggernauts of Holston, Rye Cove, John Battle and Twin Springs? Central has played Thomas Walker, Sullivan Central (4A), Castlewood and Sullivan North (3A) who is ranked 10th in TN. Which of those two schedules is tougher?
    The test is simple, if "your" team wins a national championship, do you get a championship ring? If the answer is yes, then you can say "we." If not, you can't.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Widespread_Panic View Post
    You bring up Lee but forget to mention the juggernauts of Holston, Rye Cove, John Battle and Twin Springs? Central has played Thomas Walker, Sullivan Central (4A), Castlewood and Sullivan North (3A) who is ranked 10th in TN. Which of those two schedules is tougher?
    Like I said, T H E Y A R E D I V I S I O N 1 A N D A N D A R E P L A Y I N G O T H E R D I V I S I O N 1 S C H O O L S!!!! I C E R T A I N L Y H O P E
    Y O U D O N ' T T H I N K Y O U A L L W I L L B E A T B U R T O N. I D O N ' T S E E U N I O N B E A T I N G B U R T O N.

Your thought process needs some "tweeking" with your statement. On second thought, you need to just completely "overhaul" you whole thought process.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    LOL You can say that again...
    Officially retired

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually looks like Burton has the harder schedule even in D1. North is better than any team they have played, but that's it. Castlewood or TW isn't better that Lee or Battle, they played North and got stomped. Castlewood is improved, but mediocre at best and they didn't have too hard of a time taking out Central - and that lowly RC team just beat Castlewood last night. Central will be 5-5 at best, they aren't going to beat Burton, Clintwood or Union...and do they not still have to play Lee? I don't know the sched., but Lee should walk through them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    Actually looks like Burton has the harder schedule even in D1. North is better than any team they have played, but that's it. Castlewood or TW isn't better that Lee or Battle, they played North and got stomped. Castlewood is improved, but mediocre at best and they didn't have too hard of a time taking out Central - and that lowly RC team just beat Castlewood last night. Central will be 5-5 at best, they aren't going to beat Burton, Clintwood or Union...and do they not still have to play Lee? I don't know the sched., but Lee should walk through them.
    Looks like they play Lee next Friday. I don't see Central competing with them, either. Does anyone know anything about Tyler Graham's status after his injury in the Burton game? If all of their starters are healthy and play, it should be an easy win for the Generals.
    Officially retired

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SWVA-Football View Post
    Looks like they play Lee next Friday. I don't see Central competing with them, either. Does anyone know anything about Tyler Graham's status after his injury in the Burton game? If all of their starters are healthy and play, it should be an easy win for the Generals.
    beamerball should know something about it. Seems I saw on another forum that he was done for the year.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast