Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If Turner loses to JI Burton this year that puts us in . . .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: If Turner loses to JI Burton this year that puts us in .

Quote Originally Posted by AHS95 View Post
    here is an idea next time you see him since you know him so well tell him how you feel about him being a coach and dont talk behind a computer screen. he will do fine if he can get rid of the rest of robbins crap he left they are in bad need of some good position coaches
    the Robbins crap? l-o-l

yes, because the Robbins crap is responsible for having horrible time management issues and playcalling............
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

Inactive Member 3ydsandacloudofdust's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AHS95 View Post
    here is an idea next time you see him since you know him so well tell him how you feel about him being a coach and dont talk behind a computer screen. he will do fine if he can get rid of the rest of robbins crap he left they are in bad need of some good position coaches
    Bad need of good position coaches? Get a clue! No one in this area has as much talent coaching wise as Union. And at that most are young and gonna get better. Travis and his staff are doing fine. With the exception of the Clintwood game. Rome wasnt built in a day so Union won't be either. Ya gotta remember Union is pretty banged up at the moment. As long as they stay positive and keep doing the right things, the adversity and strength of schedule will make them stronger.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dawgman View Post
    I told people that he wasn't a good coach but nobody would listen. I've known him since he was born.
    Sounds like you are either jelly or just being biased in your outlook .
    [img]http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/7057/willferralcowbell2tn.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I didnt get to make it to the game last night but from what i have heard Union did NOT make any second half adjustments and once again lost the game. Im not sure what has happened but Union has went from a strong second half team to a very weak second half team. Why in the world Turner isnt begging Bob Coughlin and Barry Jones to come coach for him i dont know. Turner is a good coach and he will do good at Union but he is going to have to get rid of most of his supporting cast. Morris was at Powell Valley for the past few seasons and he hasnt impressed me one bit with his defense coaching. I feel like Barry Jones is the most overlooked coach in Virginia football and if I were in a position to hire and fire I'd fire 2/3s of the Union staff and beg Barry to come be the Co Head coach and run my defense and mentor Dorton to be the next D coach. I'd also beg Bob Coughlin to come and help or at the least run my JV program. In my personal opinion, those two men (Bob and Barry) are the soul reasons for the sucsess for Powell Valley being what they were. Most people dont know this but Bob Coughlin quit coaching JV when Barry quit coaching and well Powell Valley went down hill fast after that. IMO Truner and Dorton, Barry and Bob would make a coaching staff that could dominate in football once again, what do yall think

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gotch View Post
    And they're two two play away from being 5-0.

And 3 plays away from being 1-4.
    [img]http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i92/chilo0907/obama.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l276/fanofreed41/obama_button.png[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gotch View Post
    And they're two two play away from being 5-0.
    Says more about how bad the area is overall than anything. Also, theyd have needed more than 3 plays to beat Clintwood alone. Clintwood could have scored again easily at the end of the game and ran the clock out.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

loosing barker wont hurt us as bad as people may think. In all honesty Mikia Davis is a better running back. 23 has put up more yards, tds, and is more of a threat than 12. Barker is powerful and tough but he fumbles way too much. He had two fumbles against Lee (one of em on the goal line), one or two against Richlands, and two against Clintwood (one of which led to a Clintwood TD). He is strong but teams are stopping him. Mikia on the other hand is a true sophomore and is burning it up, plus next season Zac Barker should be our QB and he has a missle of an arm. As far as loosing Orr, thats no loss at all. 77 or 79 (cant remember which one exactly) took Evan off his feet three times that i seen in the Lee and Union game. Richlands pushed him around like a rag doll. And he didnt do anything against clintwood to block or make tackles. IMO our best lineman is Dakota Jesse or that number 66 who is a junior. Union will be a different type of offense next season (or should be) but IMO will be better.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UnIoNfAn View Post
    IMO our best lineman is Dakota Jesse or that number 66 who is a junior.
    #66 is my son, Matthew Morelock. He took a couple of years off after P-nut and this is his first year back. He has had a great work ethic since summer weightlifting and as a father, I could never be prouder.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    Says more about how bad the area is overall than anything. Also, theyd have needed more than 3 plays to beat Clintwood alone. Clintwood could have scored again easily at the end of the game and ran the clock out.
    as bad as i hate agreeing with you, you are exactly right. the talent in this area has really fell off something awful. Union is loaded with size and strength but i could take any LPD team from the 90's (maybe even pound wildcats) and beat ANY LPD TEAM today.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    I said before and still believe that if the late first half fumble by Union doesn't happen (one play) Union probably wins. They go in to the half up 20-0 and get the ball to start the second half with momentum still in their favor. It's all guess work, but really that was the turning point of the game.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast