Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Clintwood/Sussex

Very proud of the Clintwood fans today. They probably outnumbered Sussex 2 to 1. I was told their principal said it was the largest crowd they had had this year.

Was a great game and worth the long ass trip there. Me and Counts logged almost 1000 miles today and I'd do it again tomorrow. Proud of the kids and hope they keep it up next week.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tim Hayes commented on twitter that Cwood fans probably outnumbered Sussex fans 2 to 1. Congrats on the wins by both Cwood and Galax.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
    and I'd do it again tomorrow. .

Well maybe not tomorrow LOL

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1inStripes View Post
    Tim Hayes commented on twitter that Cwood fans probably outnumbered Sussex fans 2 to 1. Congrats on the wins by both Cwood and Galax.
    Honistly is was so strange.....I was amazed by the number of folks that made that Trip (there were well over 100 fans waiting for the gates to open.....at game time the Visitor seating was full with a good number of folks standing at the fence the home seating was about 1/3 full

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Seeing as how regions were done away with....and all the schools who participated in the State Playoffs from this area were eliminated except Clintwood......to me says a whole lot about this team and how good they are. In this format, you have no choice but to play the team who is playing the best football right now....and for Clintwood to take the Southwest Va banner into Salem ....that is a great accomplishment. Congratulations to them.
    UNION HIGH SCHOOL BEARS - THE NEW ERA BEGINS

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It surprises me that there wasn't much of a turnout by the Sussex fans, especially considering they were at home. I was at the Galax game Saturday and Lunenburg Central brought a couple hundred fans, tops. The visitor's side at Galax is tiny and it wasn't even filled.

I was wondering yesterday how much better the VHSL's take would have been had the semifinals been Galax vs. Clintwood and Lunenburg vs Sussex, but based on what I've heard and seen it wouldn't have made much difference on the eastern end.

Saturday should be one of the VHSL's better crowds for a Group A final. Galax had a good turnout Saturday, plus it's their first-ever final, and we all know how Clintwood travels. The VHSL is probably happy about an all-SWVA final, despite what some people want to believe.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Great point Hoard. VHSL is about the almighty dollar.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456