Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Kotite View Post
I can live with Butkus being better than Lewis. I can't live with Singletary, Harry Carson, or Nitschke being better than him. I'm not old enough to remember Jack Lambert. I remember Singletary and Carson very well and I'd almost put Urlacher in Singletary's league. I think Urlacher would have been pretty good playing alongside the guys Singletary played with.

Now, as far as Reed goes, I won't argue Ronnie Lott. Rod Woodson was a corner so I don't put him there, but I cringe seeing lists with Head and Shoulders above Reed. I've never understood that. Give Baltimore Rapistburger and you win championships.
Ah hell dude no way is Polamalu ahead of Reed. No way. Reed is 10x the cover guy that Troy is, and he is no weaker against the run. People forget, Edward used to be a DEMON pass rusher but with his age and injuries, BAL decided against blitzing him very often. Reed is also more clutch, he comes up way bigger in the biggest games, i.e. last year's Super Bowl.

Lott and Krause are the only two choices that are close IMO. I laugh at people who put Atwater in that class, what a joke. Tatum is up there, but not at the top.

IMO there is no doubt that Lewis is a top 5 ILB. There is no argument against that, none. His consistent level of domination for years now is INCREDIBLE in the modern NFL. Nobody does what Ray Ray has done, NOBODY. Not to mention playing at an All-Pro level at his age is astounding (although he shouldnt have been All-Pro this year IMO, Cushing was better in the AFC and Willis/Bowman in the NFC).

I believe its a razor thin margin, and if im drafting a team, I select Lewis first because of his leadership and his position, but as a player Im taking Reed.
and a huge LOL at Harry Carson. Dude isnt near Lewis in any way.