Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Daily Devotional

I haven't heard any comments from you guys here in about a week or so...just wondering if these are still helping you out in any way???? feel free to discuss some of these if you want?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I read them every time you update em...I absolutely love em!* Keep it up Jack*
    I have a chi-hua-hua-hua and it has no teeth-teeth-teeth.

I read them , just don't sign in that often. Thanks for your time on this, it's great!!!

Inactive Member Jack_N_The_Green's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

March 25, 2004

The Cross Speaks
    Read: Acts 2:22-39

Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and . . . rose again the third day. "?1 Corinthians 15:3-4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crosses decorate church steeples and designate burial places. Sometimes they mark the spot where people died in highway accidents. And they are often worn as jewelry.

Crosses remind people of Jesus Christ. I was made aware of this when a businessman, seeing a small gold cross on the lapel of my jacket, asked me, "Why are you a believer in Christ?" I was glad for the opportunity to share my faith with him.

Jesus died on the cross for us, but we don't worship a dead Savior. Our Lord's body was taken down from the cross and placed in a tomb, and then on the third day He emerged in a glorified body.

The cross speaks to us of the total picture"?our Lord's atoning death to pay the price for our sins, as well as His glorious resurrection to deliver us from the power of death.

If it were not for what Christ did on the cross, we would all stand guilty before God and hopeless in the face of death. But through faith in Him, we receive the forgiveness of all our sins and the assurance that death cannot hold us.

Have you looked at the cross and placed your trust in the One who died there? It's the only sure and perfect remedy for guilt and fear. "?Herb Vander Lugt

The cross upon which Jesus died
    Is a shelter in which we can hide;
    And its grace so free is sufficient for me,
    And deep is its fountain"?as wide as the sea. "?Stanphill
    © Renewal 1974 Singspiration, Inc.

The cross of Christ"?the crossroads to heaven or hell.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

March 26, 2004

Being Useful
    Read: Luke 3:21-22

A voice came from heaven which said, "You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased." "?Luke 3:22

Jesus emerged from obscurity and was baptized by John the Baptist. When He came out of the water, He heard His Father say, "You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased" (Luke 3:22).

What had Jesus been doing that merited such unqualified acceptance? He had not yet performed one miracle; He had not preached a single sermon; He had not cleansed one leper. In fact, He had not yet done anything that we normally associate with greatness. What had He been doing in Nazareth during those 30 silent years? He was growing "in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men" (2:52).

What's done in the silent place with God is what matters. It's in the quiet hours of fellowship with God that we're shaped and molded and made into men and women He can use"?people with whom He can be well-pleased.

You might be thinking, I'm in a place where I can't be useful. You may feel limited and frustrated by the cramping restrictions of age, an illness, a difficult child, an uncooperative spouse. But your place, wherever it is, is a place to grow. Spend time in God's Word and in prayer. Grow and bloom where you are, and your Father will be pleased with you. "?David Roper

You'll go forth a little stronger
    With a fresh supply of grace,
    If each day you meet the Savior
    In a secret, quiet place. "?Adams

Fruitful service grows in the soil of faithful worship.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jack with what is going on right now in my family. i will say this it is great to be able to get on here and read these. one really helped me the other day. i went back thru and read them over. man just keep up the good work. u dont know what might become of this.
    "Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself"...Ole Tob

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There's a thing in Romans that I want to post on here as an extra, but my Bible is in my car...and i would wake everyone up if i went outside...i will definitely put it on here tomorrow...it'll help you a little more i hope! Thanks Big guy!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I heard that thanks jack. hey guys sorry to put this on here. but they are going to have to take my uncle back to surgury again tomorrow to put the hickman in please remember him. he is still very weak.
    "Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself"...Ole Tob

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey, it's my post, so i say it's cool w/me! Well, I know he and your family are being prayed for by a lot of ppl. and that works more than you'll ever know!

here is a link to an online website about the Bible

http://bible.com/

You can read the Bible online...there are several different versions of the Bible listed also...on the section on the left there are Bible answers-very helpful....
    You can search the Bible for keywords as well.