Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: State of the Union Address.

I had a cousin, also childless, who at one point was laid off from work. Having difficulty finding new work, she went to apply for some government assistance. She was told that they couldn't do anything for her at the time, but if she went and got pregnant and came back she could get all the assistance she wanted (she declined the advice).
    This is the crap we have to deal with.

I try not to say much about the subject, because I know there are lots of folks that get all kinds of tax breaks for having kids, and I don't want to offend someone.

I would just like someone to tell me why I should be punished monetarily for being educated, working, self-sufficient and childless while others in opposite situations (who have purposely put themselves there to abuse the system) are handed money.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

Well others can probably answer it better. But you get screwed.
    Look my situation. My ex gets child support, works herself, ex husband has insurance on her children, she does also, yet receives medicaid?
    We all get royally screwed. It seems the one's who use the system benefit and learn how to use it.
    Others pay into the system to never benefit.
    Your situation. I'd ask for a refund. Based on education and not being a slut or not using the system.
    Of course that will not work. But at least it may awaken a few. Not many but the frozen chosen.

Till the last couple of elections the gay issues weren't that big an issue, someone isn't doing too well with the gender thing are they? If you want to spend the rest of your days following the "closet set" of folks ripping off the working people , then be quiet and follow. I might be headed for hell, but I ain't gonna leave any doubt about my joy in "Jackass the President" running things. The figures came out on his budget- great, till it was noticed that defence wasn't included, Social Security, great idea but everytime he is asked about how he will pay for his changes , he gets a lil' senile. And remember we got to help this gent (or knock him off ) cause, the people have spoken and he is what we want. Haha, saddle up this should be a real trip. Syria has been sending people and supplies into Iraq since the beginning, but you don't see much effort to close the Syria/Iraq border, some logic, huh? And if you wish to support the super rich by slaving till you die, feel free to send a little cash to ssspudsscam.irs.dodge It's tax deductible! I don't care what party is prez , I just want MY share. Bush figures there is enough to do the older folks, the younger ones are too dumb to see what is coming(some of them anyway) and he is just hoping that some old Dawg don't get trigger happy. But as long as we hain't got no friggun quair luvin dumbacrat- I can rest well. I only had to work 14.5 hours today my hain't thangs agettin better, but out of the last 24 years we pretty much have had the same stuff for 8 Reagan ,4 Bush and 6 Bush the latter, that makes 18 of 24 and that sorry Clinton just stumbled into the 8 best years of the whole bunch , surplus money, a few jobs- but I'm pretty tired and even though I have 26 years underground, I still need 22 or 25 more , to get to the Social Security I've paid into since I was 15. But what is one hillbilly more or less, that is what they thought about Sgt York, till he killed and captured 160 Germans. You never know who is flyin the plane anymore do you?

Clinton stumbled into 8 years of prosperity and 100 years back in security. id rather pay 2.00 a gallon for gas then not be able to walk around the streets of DC with fear of a Boeing landing on me. This isnt directed AT YOU Spuds, just commenting on the topic as a whole..I know you and I disagree on these issues, your one of the elite group on here I do listen and hold high amounts of respect for. But Social Security isnt a lrge concern for me when I have little faith Ill live to see it under Clintons rule.

HAha, ya know YOU and the fact it was a chance to talk to the generation coming up was the reason I started hanging around this board. Clinton deployed the military more than any other president. Carter, when faced with the hostages in Iran, said "Crank'em up" and went after the hostages as soon as they were taken. Only thing was , our boys killed several of themselves trying to land and refuel in the desert at night, helos and lots of sand. This led to splitting up the hostages and till SOMEONE finally decided that it couldn't get any worse, might as well gamble that they all would be killed . Reagan said ,"I'm coming to see you." and that worked a little better. The "everybody have your own social security account" sounds pretty good, but if it will work then why hasn't the social security money just been invested and allowed to grow for us all? Most people can't choose a stock, so guess who will wind up with the cash? Anything Bush suggests for a person's own account that will be regulated by the government should be even easier to make work if everyone gets together in a fund like social security. And a lot of what I say is to start people thinking, I need all the help I can get. It is pretty clear to me that folks with enough cash don't think a lot about what the rest of the world faces. Do some looking around- check and see how the companies Bush ran fared. An IRA that you can change options on daily is the only way I would go if I only had one choice and i was starting out. I'm lucky, I guess . I should get 14 years from the UMWA fund , the folks I work for now have a company funded pension AND they match 1/2 of what I put into a 401k , up to a 6/3 % ratio. It isn't gonna be like it has. How will we care for the injured, should we try to spend more time and money on fraud? Bush won, if the naturalization laws he favored come into being, how will all these folks be taxed and paid? I'd be willing to bet that a lot of them aren't having any "company match funds " paid into things. A couple of million workers without any length of service would really warp the figures for SS wouldn't it? As far as security, NOLA, I'm a shoot first, ask questions later guy. 2 buck a gallon gas just makes me more in demand. We better figure a way to save ourselves, no matter which party is in power, cause it doesn't look like I'm in any of the plans for People to evacuate if the stuff hits the fan in the USA . My biggest fault with you is that you don't look like you are gonna make it to Appy in time to teach blue52 a little history.

That is the whole problem Bray or Nola. Clinton had Bin Laden and let him go. For what reason? Still many who know what happened on 9/11 ask. Since he is conceived the granddaddy of it.
    All i can say with all that has went on. We all are gonna eat it at the concerns of real politicians.
    We are not them we look out for the present, and the future. They look out for their vote.
    Real issue we are there when they are well into retirement and spending our money and their time doing what they want.
    Can any of us work till 70? Doubtful.
    Does anyone on capitol hill care. No. All they care about is who is right and wrong come election time.
    We the people. We get screwed over and over. No one will say it. But you know i guess i am one who will go against it. And say yes we we are getting totally screwed. Republican or Democrat. Makes no difference. History repeats itself.
    In saying that. We are all screwed. Those fighting this war. And us here at home.
    We are to believe we are what any sitting president says. Yes to a point. I to was very emotional over the woman and the Iraqi woman holding each other.
    Yet we have many returning scared from what they have seen? Hmm who pays the price in the long term. 8 year war with Iran and Iraq does not know war?
    I find that odd. In a country who has not known civil peace since Saddam went mad and decided he was the dictator of the country.
    Bin Laden. Well one man. We can find any one on America's Most Wanted but he is still well hidden?
    Hmm. OH well. I guess we find who we want to find. And others well we will find when it is reasonable to.
    Clinton had him. But said no. What did that cost us today?
    Bush now is resentful because Daddy got on his list.
    Who has paid the price?
    As far as the rest. Well when it's time to retire. Make sure you saved that first dollar and that first savings bond. It may be all that keeps you from drowning.
    Republican or Democrat who cares. No answers. No solutions. The country is still going all to hell and no one has an answer to now or the future.
    George W has a what 50% approval rating in his second term worst than any sitting president. Will that improve?
    Time will tell. As of now he will become the worst second term president America has known. Why? He started things he did not finish or fulfill, in his first term or what he started in his first term he did no see through.
    Im not a historian. But i did do well in college history. And i did very well in American history. Sad part. It makes me wonder about my future and those following me.

I hate our morals sometimes, but the reason Bush declared "War" on terrorism was because folks like Clinton and JFK had considered shortening the list of "hotspots" in the world by killing off a few embers and had been told that we would put ourselves right up with Nazis if we started murdering rulers of other countries. Same with Nam, the island airfield, Panama - the list goes on and on. You can have an open season if you are at war.

Big difference between me and you and those who have no lived it spuds. Is real life. We have seen it and lived it. Maybe a few year apart. But not that much.
    I am and always will be what i am. A God fearing person first of all, a person who looks out for family and God, and always a Dawg.
    Once a Dawg always a Dawg.
    But the truth. We had all we needed. We never acted. Whose fault?
    I can only fall back on what i think and my education and my training.
    You never let a threat go. We did and what did it cost us?
    We had the ultimate threat and let him go. Why?
    To save face or to let him follow up with what we thought would never happen?
    Yet it happened.
    As Hitler so is Bin Laden. A person you never underestimate.
    Yet we had one who did. Now we are in a war we will can never let go of because of one person.
    We can find anyone. Yet one person, we cannot find?
    Like i said. I am a person who followed and studied US history.
    As it shows we prevail but at what cost?
    Only thing i can count as far as being consistent.
    Once a Dawg always a Dawg. Other than that the rest is left to what the figures show.
    Bush or George W has the lowest of all second term presidents, will that change?
    Not unless he ends up with Bin Laden as a prime person in the 9/11 fiasco.
    Will that happen who knows? As of now it looks highly unlikely.
    Looks as if a change will come will it be right? Who knows. I think this man did what was right. Other than one thing. He never ended Iraq and he never got Bin Laden.

1 cheap end to a big problem. Like the movie about the guy that touches folks and see the future. To stop a career a pres and downfall of this country, he takes a shot at him on TV , guy grabs a kid to use as a shield. Problem solved but this guy had given up his future and nobody would ever know. A good rest and a 50 cal go a long way , people would never know. The press needs it's hands tied at times, but how and when- I'd have taken the shot, would you guys?

The Black Republicans would have crucified Bill Clinton for going into the Sudan or Afghanistan to get Bin Laden. He did the best he could do to hunt him down given the political circumstances. The strategy under Bush was to ignore them until they crashed jet liners into tall buildings and the nto use the situation for political gain. The Republicans wouldnt have been nearly as nice as the Democrats were about Iraq. They were out to get him for 8 years so if he had any shot at having any kind of domestic agenda he had to work with them. That,after all, is why the people elected him twice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast