Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Farm-Club

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member OAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,435
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Farm-Club

    If you had to start a minor league baseball farm team, what would you name your club, what orginization would it be affiliated with, and what town/city would you be in?

    I thought this might be interesting to see where people would like to start something like this..

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Farm-Club

    Since no one has posted on this I will, lol.

    I if I had a minor league farm team.

    1. I'd have them located here in Wise County. Near the airport maybe.

    2. I'd name them the Miners.

    3. The organization I would have it be a affliated with would be Baltimore. My fav team.


    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  3. #3
    Inactive Member OAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2003
    Posts
    1,435
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Farm-Club

    haha...appreciate it man...location is good...i wonder if anyone would move to a big city like Miami or Dallas??

    Knoxville would be a good location IMO.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Shoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 4th, 2002
    Posts
    1,620
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Farm-Club

    I heard somewheres that Las Vegas wants MLB team. They have a minor league team already.
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_trio's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    1,341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Farm-Club

    Vegas don't have any pro teams do they?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_TITAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 19th, 2004
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Farm-Club

    not that i know of
    ____________
    I bleed blue. Not Kentucky blue. Not Duke blue. But Tar Heel blue. Go Heels.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member steer's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2002
    Location
    Bristol, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    3,872
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Farm-Club

    I'd have a farm club located up at Coeburns ball field, (isn't that one of the reasons it was built?, heard it was to try attract the attention and get a farm club there, just didn't ever go through).

    Just call them the "Southerners"
    they would be affiliated with the Baltimore Orioles (MY FAVORITE TEAM).

  8. #8
    Inactive Member 7_32's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2002
    Posts
    242
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Farm-Club

    Has anybody else heard that a some organization wanted a team up in Wise, but Shupe wouldn't have it?? Or is that just a rumor?

    Anyway, I'd like to have one somewhere near here affiliated w/ the Reds...I went to a Louisville Bats game (the Reds triple-A team) and had an awesome time. The minor-league games are catered much more toward the fans...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •