Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: comments...

  1. #11
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: comments...

    I want to clear some things up, I should have known this when I made the post but didnt think I would lashed out at. I DID NOT WRITE ANY OF THE STUFF FROM THE DC BOARD. I just posted it because I thought some of you might find it interesting as to what others where saying about the situation.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Wildcat_65's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2004
    Posts
    114
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: comments...

    Peple in dickenson county should worry about dickenson county and people in wc should worry about their own too!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "One player can impact a game, One TEAM can win championships"

  3. #13
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: comments...

    Dang, that fellow sounded like an uneducated hick....I know all people from Dickenson are not like that.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: comments...

    I dissagree with that there are some in Wise Co that may end up moveing to DC and some in DC that might move to Wise Co and we could all end up in Washington Co before we die. It is people who do/will not look past there own front yard that are the problem. I for one worry about all of SWVA and anything that could improve it.

  5. #15
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: comments...

    I live in Dickenson Co., so Wise Co. politics are none of my business. Yet, looking at the situation from the outside, I can see what has already been stated: Wise Co. is going to have to pay more taxes to keep all of the small schools open. In order to keep the pride and tradition thing going, if the entire county is willing to pay more taxes, then I say go for it. If you are willing to sacrifice more of your money so that you can say that your school is still open, then that's fine. But don't go complaining later on when the taxes jump up and u have less money in your pocket. You can't have your cake and eat it too. It's either consolidate or raise taxes. And worst of all, consolidation is still inevitable. What the county needs is more level headed thinking. And consolidation, in the right way, is level headed thinking. Giving the gov. more money than you do now (which is WAY to much) is simply obsurd.

  6. #16
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: comments...

    Anything that affects Wise County schools affects Dickenson County schools as well. Not just going to sports, but its an easy one to reference, if they consolidated Wise County schools to 3 schools, that is 3 games that Clintwood has to come up with. If Dickenson consolidates, if some of the teams have Ervinton/Haysi on their schedule, they look at picking up other games. With people having strong opinions, there will be transfers and such. If they built this super nice school in Dickenson County tomorrow, there would be a certain amount of Wise county parents who would try to or want to send their children there. That's one of the problems, to many times we think that things only affect us, just like some thought that the consolidation issue affecting Appy only affected them and not others. In a small, rural area like this, what affects the person down the street, or down the other hollar, is very likely to affect us all, we need to remember that.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member greencrest1272's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: comments...

    Very intelligent statement Rocket, and I couldnt agree more with Trench Man.
    It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.

    -Teddy Roosevelt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •