Did somebody honestly ask the question would you take the mark of the beast? I mean come on. The pope as the antichrist doesnt that seem alittle obvious. I know that Paradise Lost is no where near "scripture worthy" but anyone who has read it or done any research on lucifer, as he was called when he was an angel, knows he is quite cunning and very deceiving.
Here is a question for you...Lucifer was kicked out of Heaven for trying to overthrow God, so did God want Lucifer out of Heaven, thas why he made him make an attempt at overthrowing him? Did he know by passing Lucifer up for the promotion that "he deserved" it would in turn make him snap and attempt to take over the universe?
Paradise Lost has some of the best quotes from literature IMO. here is one I just thought of off my head
Satan tells Beelzebub that "the mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heav'n of hell, a hell of heav'n." This quote was later "borrowed" by Shakespeare when he said in Hamlet I believe, "there is no good or evil, but thinking make it so."
If I could find my paper I did on paradise lost I would post it, if I don't mind saying I wrote one heck of a paper, no pune intended [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]
In defense of my question, in all honesty alot of people will take the mark of the beast. Some people would rather take it then have them ot their children starve to death. But hey this is just my opinion.
Bookmarks