Thread: Red , White and Screw

Red , White and Screw

Bush plans to scale back Social Security benefits..... that will keep'er goin' . Damn... I wish I'd thought of that. Wonder why he couldn't have done something when we had a surplus? Oh yeah he SPENT that ! I guess if I gotta work till I die , I might as well be a Republican- hahaha hope all ya'all like workin' till ya drop DEAD! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Red , White and Screw

I figure I will die in debt anyway.
    I'll always want a little more than I already have.

Inactive Member imported_burrhead's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bitch and moan. You need to move, along with the Baldwin brothers and Whoopi Goldberg. Cry me a river. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

You just grin and bear it then. I'll get even. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] If we could get a few more idiots in the 2 major parties - they would really be PARTIES! Can Ya'll hear me an' Burrhead "BAAAA" as us sheep are led off ? We wouldn't want to say anything in our free country to upset anyone. It is good of the real rich to stop paying at a set amount and then after most of our life tell us there isn't enough in the fund to pay for what some of us paid in. I know there is some logic in there, guess I'm just too slow to find it, Bush will explain it, since he is gonna save me by using the "Homeland Security Act" to stay Prez forever. I feel better now , Burr- Thanks a lot! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img][img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have already planned on working for the rest of my life. Hell I no choice but to work now, lol!
    "Freedom is not free, it requires great sacrafice. The price is paid in blood."

Well , I guess I shoulda put a little more time into college? There wasn't any money around here 25-30 years ago, still isn't much except the mines unless you own your own business. Reagan sold me "Trickle down " and well... that didn't pan out , not for me as well as him. It , social security won't be changed as much for miners as everyone else- simple reason, in 27 years I can count on my fingers the guys I know that retired because they wanted to, ALL the rest worked till they can't. Anybody that mines for more than 10-12 years faces the fact that when he or she gives it up they will be finished, disabled , crippled , worn out. It still is the part of the country where I want to live , if it kills me , when it kills me, so be it. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Bury me face down...

Mixed reaction to scaled benefits
    Other Republicans were far more reluctant. Some, such as Sen. George Allen (R-Va.), were searching for options that would spare middle-income earners while placing a larger burden on the affluent.

"I wouldn't want to have a proposal that makes it more difficult for people of lower and middle incomes to provide for their retirement security," Allen said in a luncheon with Washington Post reporters and editors.

"? Social Security: Hanging in the balance
    "? GOP may be splintering on Social Security
    "? Social Security: Special report

Others blanched at the traditionally liberal notion that the level of sacrifice should rise with income. "That's an idea that comes from the left typically "? means testing," said Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.), who has co-written Social Security legislation
    !!!!! Hey , Ya'll Watch out Ya Don't wanna make Burr come and compare you with someone UNdesirable now do ya? [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]