I read (might have been on here) how Baer was poorly portraied in the movie as an unfeeling SOB who didn't care. It was quite the opposit, the man cried about the things that happend in the ring
Cinderella Man is the story of John Braddock, a down and out boxer who shocked Champion Max Baer. Baer has a son who made his way into showbiz as...... (drumroll) Jethro Bodine. I loved Beverly Hillbillies, and saw the A/E special where it had said that Max Baer Jr was the son of a boxer, but it took ESPN the magazine to enlighten me. I thought that was neat.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
I read (might have been on here) how Baer was poorly portraied in the movie as an unfeeling SOB who didn't care. It was quite the opposit, the man cried about the things that happend in the ring
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
My Grandfather killed a man in the ring when he was in the Army. It haunted him till he left this world. He landed a shot to the temple and the guy never got up-saw him cry tears of remorse more than once. Boxing is a brutal sport: I remember watching Ray "Boom Boom" Mancini's kill shot on Doo Koo Kim. As a youngster, it really made an impression.
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future
I remember that fight. remember exactly where I was too
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
Bookmarks