Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Poem

  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_kydawg95's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 23rd, 2005
    Posts
    426
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Poem

    This is a poem I wrote for my Uncle and cousin to help them in the loss of my aunt who went to be with our lord on sunday after she lost a quick battle with cancer! When Tomorrow Starts Without Me
    When tomorrow starts without me, and I'm not here to see,
    if the sun should rise and find your eyes all filled with tears for me
    I wish so much you wouldn't cry the way you did today,
    while thinking of the many things we didn't get to say,
    I know how much you love me, as much as I love you,
    and each time you think of me, I know you'll miss me too.
    But when tommorrow starts without me, please try to understand,
    that an angel came and called my name and took me by the hand
    And said my place was ready in heaven far above
    and that I'd have to leave behind all those that I dearly love.
    But as I turned to walk away, a tear fell from my eye,
    for all my life, I'd always thought I didn't want to die,
    I had so much to live for and so much yet to do,
    it seemed almost impossible that I was leaving you.
    I thought of all the yesterday's, the good ones and the bad,
    I thought of all the love we shared and all the fun we had.
    If I could relive yesterday I thought, for just a while,
    I'd say good-bye and kiss you and maybe see you smile.
    But then I fully realized that this could never be,
    for emptiness and memories would take the place of me.
    And when I thought of worldly things that I'd miss come tomorrow,
    I thought of you, and when I did, my heart was filled with sorrow.
    But when I walked through heaven's gates, I felt so much at home.
    When God looked down and smiled at me from his great golden throne,
    He said:
    This is eternity and all I've promised you.
    Today your life on earth is past, but here it starts anew.
    I promise no tomorrows, but today will always last,
    and since each day's the same day, there's no longing for the past.
    But though I promise no tomorrows on earth to anyone,
    so many live each day so sure of seeing one more sun.
    Yet each one knows that I will call and no one knows just when,
    but they will never stop to pray and ask forgiveness for their sins,
    For many I have turned away so sad at heaven's gate,
    for when I called they weren't ready, and it was much too late.
    But you have been so faithful, so trusting and so true,
    Though there were times you did somthings you knew you shouldn't do.
    But you have been forgiven and now at last you're free,
    So won't you take my hand and share my life with me?
    So when tomorrow starts without me, don't think we're far apart,
    for every time you think of me, I'm right here in your heart.
    In loving memory of my aunt Brenda (granny) Nicholas 4/24/48 to 6/26/05
    free like OJ all day

  2. #2
    Inactive Member PVVikeFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,188
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Poem

    That was great
    _________________________________________________________
    HOW'S THAT HOPE AND CHANGE WORKING OUT FOR YA ??????

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Poem

    Very touching. Thanks for posting that.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Poem

    Great Poem ole buddy.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •